Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] new user having a hard time
RE: new user having a hard time
Yea!  Quick progress  and you feel better.    You may want to try the same settings for a few days.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 02:00 PM)Corvette817 Wrote: Yea!  Quick progress  and you feel better.    You may want to try the same settings for a few days.

yah i think i will, i had a hard time starting with the higher pressure before but i turned up the heated tube temp and the humidity and that made it better.  mustve been too cold before.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 02:15 PM)alby_c Wrote: Could just be the humidity setting a bit low with the higher start up pressure - I get sore throat if I run my humidifier dry or forget to adjust it with the changing seasons.  My one is not smart enough to auto Sad

I also started mouth breathing about a year ago and not wanting to go to a full face mask - I love my nasal pillows - I bought a chin strap after finding a scarf really doesn't work so I stopped being a tight bas#$%d and bought a proper one.  If I mouth breath everything goes south, and I definitely  have a dry mouth.  

So, if you are actually mouth breathing regularly then changing to a more intrusive mask type, or chin strap are two options.  My mouth breathing wasn't bothering me really, but swmbo insisted I fix it as the change in noise levels woke her.
thx  for tip, increasing temp on tube and turning up humidity seemed to do the trick

i wore my athletic mouthguard too which helped to keep a seal on my mouth lol
Post Reply Post Reply
i have the airfit p10 nasal pillows but am getting alot of mask leak, any tips?
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure the pillows aren't worn out. What works for me is using the large pillows and keeping the mask tight with the clips that come with it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2018, 01:38 PM)mattm1 Wrote: i have the airfit p10 nasal pillows but am getting alot of mask leak, any tips?

The P10 is a double wall pillow design. Leakage can occur if the inner wall of one or both pillows is depressed into the plenum area.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ive tried the medium pillows that come with it, they felt too small, switched to the large. it was good for a couple nights then its back to lousy. super dizzy today and yesterday.

i think its because my sinuses become constricted and the machine ups the pressure. the humidity level doesnt seem to matter, you guys have this issue?

i wake up and one nostril will be blocked almost completely, or both will have very poor airflow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 143 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 172 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,174 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.