Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] new user having a hard time
RE: new user having a hard time
If it were me I'd set the minimum pressure to 13cm and max pressure to 20cm. Also I'd turn off the ramp.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
my concern with raising the minimum that high is getting clear airyway events excessively.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the machine pressure is going above that now. So I don' t think raising it to 13cm will cause any more Clear Airway events.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2017, 02:18 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Well the machine pressure is going above that now. So I don' t think raising it to 13cm will cause any more Clear Airway events.

i tried last night with 12-20 and no ramp.  it seemed ok, 13 was a bit too high to start with.

however i guess i woke up with a sore throat and mustive been mouth breathing.  any tips on this?

i had the climate control set to auto but maybe its not enough humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could just be the humidity setting a bit low with the higher start up pressure - I get sore throat if I run my humidifier dry or forget to adjust it with the changing seasons. My one is not smart enough to auto Sad

I also started mouth breathing about a year ago and not wanting to go to a full face mask - I love my nasal pillows - I bought a chin strap after finding a scarf really doesn't work so I stopped being a tight bas#$%d and bought a proper one. If I mouth breath everything goes south, and I definitely have a dry mouth.

So, if you are actually mouth breathing regularly then changing to a more intrusive mask type, or chin strap are two options. My mouth breathing wasn't bothering me really, but swmbo insisted I fix it as the change in noise levels woke her.
Post Reply Post Reply
is there any danger in setting my machine 14-20? i seemed to get most events when it dipped below this. also woke up feeling really crappy. my ahi was 3.5 but i feel terrible.
Post Reply Post Reply
No there's nothing wrong with putting up to 14.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Matt, when you get a chance, please post a new chart.  Walla has done pretty good at identifying a good minimum pressure based on your median pressure at nearly 12 in the last set, and a maximum going to 18.  What we see in the old chart was an abundance of obstructive indicators with snores, flow limits OA, H and just a few CA events.  I would tend to discount the CA at this point.  

When you get a chance, please clarify which Autoset mode you are using. I recommend Standard rather than soft or For Her.  It looks like you are using for her, which will make the machine less responsive to the flow limitations above 12 cm.

[Image: BKEeVEg.png]
[img]drive.google.com/folderview?id=1EDFtCo1S4mBzR0Wa2d5O3TUkFs6BPkce[/img][img]drive.google.com/folderview?id=1EDFtCo1S4mBzR0Wa2d5O3TUkFs6BPkce[/img]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
this is from last night, i had it at 12-20, woke up and had been exhaling through mouth so set it back to 11-20.  gave me a sore throat today.  i figure that was from the mouth exhalation. 

https://imgur.com/lyZACW0

and here you can see my machine settings on the left of this image.  i have it on apap mode now since saturday.  the machine model is autoset for her s10.  epr is what they initially prescribed.

https://imgur.com/yhcDGnf

based on this what do you guys think?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 03:29 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: No there's nothing wrong with putting up to 14.

i went for 14-20 apap mode, it seems to have done the trick as i feel human today!  have felt horrible for the past few weeks when the pressure was lower.  thank you for your help.  i had some clear airway events and a few obstructions.  the clear airways seem to follow pressure increases based on the sleepyhead.

https://i.imgur.com/QN4ai8Y.png
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 201 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 609 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 243 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 170 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.