Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP newbie
RE: CPAP newbie
I will get an SD card today and try to post tomorrow.
I have adjusted the pressure down a bit from 5-20  to 5-12
I looked at the pressure number in the sleep report and it was 8, so from googling this is the 90% of time the pressure was 8.

Also I turned on EPR to on and set it to 2

any other suggestions.....
Post Reply Post Reply
None I can think of until we see the charts. Good luck to ya on the PAP therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The second night was better.
I got a little  used to the CPAP machine a bit and I went into deep sleep for like 3 hours
When I took the ,machine off, I felt little weird breathing without it. (felt more effort to breath in air).
I attached the OSCAR (the last session is where I went to bed)

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are using your Autoset with a minimum pressure of 4.0 and EPR at 2. As a result, you get variable EPR until the pressure is at least 6.0 cm. In addition you are using ramp which cancels any therapeutic response until that ends. Based on what I'm seeing here, I want you to turn off ramp, and set the minimum pressure to 5.0 and turn EPR down to a setting of 1. This will stabilize the behavior of the CPAP and should be more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
really not bad at all.  You had several central events, most people get centrals when they first start using the machine and they go away after several weeks.  I would give this another try tonight with sleepriders changes and try to get used to wearing the mask...  One way people try to do it is to sit with the machine and mask on and watch tv for awhile just to get use to wearing it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I must have missed the setup info. I must have answered beforehand in a non-coffee assisted status.

A pressure of 4 does not help much, and will prevent EPR operation until pressures increase enough to allow EPR to drop it down. As Sleeprider mentions EPR 2 and the pressure of 4, EPR has no effect here. If you want EPR 2 to work correctly, then pressure must be a minimum of 6. To find out if EPR can work with pressures set, do simple math. Pressure of 4 minus EPR 2 will equal 4 because the machine has no lower setting than 4. In this case, EPR is nil in helping. EPR 2 starts working at pressure of 6 as EPR subtracts its setting from pressure. 6 pressure - 2 EPR = 4. Another example: pressure 7 - 3 EPR = 4.

Ramp is not needed at these low pressures and can actually work against good therapy by blocking pressure adjustments to address events, and could effectively allow events to sneak past unaddressed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone.

I will set the machine per advice and report next OSCAR data..
Post Reply Post Reply
setting pressure 5-10, no ramp, ERP = 1
slept through the whole night.
noticed some CAs more towards the first hour (when I am trying to fall asleep), could this be caused due to ramp off?
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
OA was reduced but CA increased a bit, but therapy was continuous which is a big improvement. This does not look like a problem, and the CA may be due to sleep disruption from leaks and changing pressure. I think narrowing the pressure range will help. Minimum 6.0, maximum 9.0 EPR 1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
pressure 6-9
could not fall asleep, and when I finally did, did not go into deep sleep (felt like crap in morning).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 396 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.