Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] newbie soon to be on cpap
RE: newbie soon to be on cpap
(12-26-2013, 03:31 PM)zonk Wrote: adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogspot.com
but when I click on it changes to "adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogspot.com.au"

robysue ... is "Buffalo, NY" somewhere in Australia
I wonder if there's something in your browser settings that adds that .au suffix to web pages.

Since the last time I checked, Buffalo, NY is still in the Northern Hemisphere (we do have snow on the ground right now), I'd suggest just deleting that spruious .au from the address and seeing if that allows the page to load correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
ttp://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogspot.com.au/p/advice-for-those-newly-diagnosed-with.html

Just deleted the first letter "h" from http otherwise if I click on "Post Reply" (without any deletion) would not shows com.au

This what shows without any deletion
http://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogs...-with.html

Edit: if you click on "Reply with Quote" button, you,ll see what I,m talking about
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi compwiz878,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Try as many different masks as you need to 'till you find the one that works for you.
If you can manage to start out with a nasal mask, it would be easier, because full-face masks, )FFMs," are proned to leak. But don't totally rule an FFM out, because that might be just what you need..
Good luck to you with your titration.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 03:31 PM)zonk Wrote: adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogspot.com
but when I click on it changes to "adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogspot.com.au"

robysue ... is "Buffalo, NY" somewhere in Australia

(12-26-2013, 03:51 PM)robysue Wrote: I wonder if there's something in your browser settings that adds that .au suffix to web pages.

Since the last time I checked, Buffalo, NY is still in the Northern Hemisphere (we do have snow on the ground right now), I'd suggest just deleting that spruious .au from the address and seeing if that allows the page to load correctly.

(12-26-2013, 04:17 PM)zonk Wrote: ttp://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogspot.com.au/p/advice-for-those-newly-diagnosed-with.html

Just deleted the first letter "h" from http otherwise if I click on "Post Reply" (without any deletion) would not shows com.au

This what shows without any deletion
http://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogs...-with.html

Edit: if you click on "Reply with Quote" button, you,ll see what I,m talking about

Don't sweat it guys... zonk, you're the one with the "problem". You live in Australia. blogspot.com is redirecting the traffic to a server in Australia (blogspot.com.au) based on your location. Mine is changing to blogspot.gr.

Now... robysue, how dare you not mention Apneaboard in your blog post? Annoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 09:34 PM)DOOM_NX Wrote: zonk, you're the one with the "problem".
I knew that for years, this blog stuff is over my head

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 09:34 PM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Now... robysue, how dare you not mention Apneaboard in your blog post? Annoyed-and-disappointed
I only recently discovered apnea board----as in I found this board in October 2013. The main blog entries were written well before then. After the holidays, but before my Spring semester starts, I'll go back and edit some of the things on the blog and get links to this board added at all the places I have links to the other boards.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2013, 12:15 AM)robysue Wrote: I only recently discovered apnea board----as in I found this board in October 2013. The main blog entries were written well before then. After the holidays, but before my Spring semester starts, I'll go back and edit some of the things on the blog and get links to this board added at all the places I have links to the other boards.

I'm just teasing Tongue

It's your blog, do whatever you like Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2013, 12:20 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote:
(12-27-2013, 12:15 AM)robysue Wrote: I only recently discovered apnea board----as in I found this board in October 2013. The main blog entries were written well before then. After the holidays, but before my Spring semester starts, I'll go back and edit some of the things on the blog and get links to this board added at all the places I have links to the other boards.

I'm just teasing Tongue

It's your blog, do whatever you like Bigwink
Thing is, I do intend on editing those posts because I do think that links to apneaboard.com ought to be there. This is a superb forum, and it's worth pointing folks who get to the blog through other routes to hear as well as the other forums Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep! That's true Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 01:44 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Unless you open your mouth and breathe through it at night, you don't need a full face mask. And even then, try a chin strap first.

Full face masks cover both the nose and the mouth. These are for those who cannot breathe through their nose or who mouth breathe at night.

Nasal pillows go inside the nostrils, have minimal contact, but can seem claustrophobic to some people.

Nasal masks cover just the nose. They range from small "cups" to larger sizes to fit a wide range of nose sizes and facial types.

Hybrid masks are part nasal pillows and part full face. It has a top half that inserts into the nostrils and a lower half that covers the mouth.

No two masks of the same type will fit the same. Even if they look almost the same, they will have different fit. So don't "settle" for a mask, keep trying them on until you find one that fits you and your face, your sleep style, and doesn't leak. It could be the first mask you try or your twelfth. During the titration study, they will have different masks for you to try which will give you an idea of which one you lean toward.

i do mouth breathe i did have my cpap titration on dec 30th 2013 and tried nasal masks . and also tried a few full face masks before settleing with a full face mask and slept all night with the full mask
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.