Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] newbie soon to be on cpap
RE: newbie soon to be on cpap
So you have had your titration study done now? That's great. Are you all set up at home with the FF mask and your machine? How is it all going? Are you finding it manageable? I know it is very early days but I do hope it is going to be an easy, successful road for you.
I am going for my titration next week, so would love to hear from someone that has just been through it.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2014, 10:06 PM)Gabby Wrote: So you have had your titration study done now? That's great. Are you all set up at home with the FF mask and your machine? How is it all going? Are you finding it manageable? I know it is very early days but I do hope it is going to be an easy, successful road for you.
I am going for my titration next week, so would love to hear from someone that has just been through it.

well im waiting on the phone call to either have the cpap machine delivered or for me to go pick it up here locally at a local dme store here in town no i dont have the full face mask yet that will be ordered at the time the machine get ordered my doctor is doing the ordering not me hence the reason for waiting on the call to either pick the cpap machine and mask up or to have it delivered to me.

well for my titration it was much like the first sleep study being all wired up to all those sensors. they also let my try out various masks of sizes and styles which included nasal mask and nasal pillows and full face masks with the cpap machine connected and turned on. once i narrowed it down to a full face mask i chose a full mask because i mouth breathe and i realy didnt like the feeling of opening my mouth while haveing a nasal mask or pillows on its a weird feeling and you can feel the air from the cpap machine blowing out of your mouth if u open your mouth up it made it feel like i was gasping for air or gagging but it might be different for you.

when it was time for bed i pressed the call button i was then connected to a pulse ox sensor on my index finger and the cpap machine turned on and the mask fitted and i then went to sleep. i slept all night with the cpap on well i did sleep better with it on then without it. depending on if you need to have oxygen on or not they might connect oxygen to you as well i didnt need oxygen added in. they did tell me that i could chage masks during the night if i wanted to.

Post Reply Post Reply
Cheers for that, I enjoyed reading your experience. I could imagine that would feel strange the air coming out your mouth. I t is good you have worked out you want the FF mask, lets hope you get a good fitting one because going by what everyone says here the masks are the hardest things to fit. I should have realised you wouldn't have all your equipment yet, with you only getting done a few days ago.
I hope you post on here when you are settled in with everything and let us know how you are going. I can't wait for my titration, hope it's as easy as your. Good luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2014, 07:57 AM)Gabby Wrote: Cheers for that, I enjoyed reading your experience. I could imagine that would feel strange the air coming out your mouth. I t is good you have worked out you want the FF mask, lets hope you get a good fitting one because going by what everyone says here the masks are the hardest things to fit. I should have realised you wouldn't have all your equipment yet, with you only getting done a few days ago.
I hope you post on here when you are settled in with everything and let us know how you are going. I can't wait for my titration, hope it's as easy as your. Good luck.

when do you go for your titration study ?

and keep us informed on how your titration went
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm touched by the response your post received from the experienced members. They gave you some great advice and I would particularly second the suggestion that you get an auto-titrating, fully data capable device and use a nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2014, 10:55 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: I'm touched by the response your post received from the experienced members. They gave you some great advice and I would particularly second the suggestion that you get an auto-titrating, fully data capable device and use a nasal mask.

i would have gone with the nasal mask but after breathing through my mouth with it on during the night the sleep tech came in the room and switched me to a full mask which helped out allot . i then continued onto sleep with the full mask on . now if given another choice i might consider a nasal mask instead of the full mask . i will also let the dme store know about the data model
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2014, 12:34 PM)compwiz878 Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 10:55 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: I'm touched by the response your post received from the experienced members. They gave you some great advice and I would particularly second the suggestion that you get an auto-titrating, fully data capable device and use a nasal mask.

i would have gone with the nasal mask but after breathing through my mouth with it on during the night the sleep tech came in the room and switched me to a full mask which helped out allot . i then continued onto sleep with the full mask on . now if given another choice i might consider a nasal mask instead of the full mask . i will also let the dme store know about the data model

too bad the tech didn't try you with a chin strap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2014, 07:03 AM)compwiz878 Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 07:57 AM)Gabby Wrote: Cheers for that, I enjoyed reading your experience. I could imagine that would feel strange the air coming out your mouth. I t is good you have worked out you want the FF mask, lets hope you get a good fitting one because going by what everyone says here the masks are the hardest things to fit. I should have realised you wouldn't have all your equipment yet, with you only getting done a few days ago.

when do you go for your titration study ?

and keep us informed on how your titration went

My titration is next Saturday the 11th, it's not going to come quick enough.
I am sure to be back with my results plus many more questions no doubt.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2014, 03:05 AM)Gabby Wrote: My titration is next Saturday the 11th, it's not going to come quick enough.
Best of luck with the sleep study, the wait is nearly over ... hang on a bit longer

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2014, 03:13 AM)zonk Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 03:05 AM)Gabby Wrote: My titration is next Saturday the 11th, it's not going to come quick enough.
Best of luck with the sleep study, the wait is nearly over ... hang on a bit longer

good luck .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 478 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.