Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP newbie trying to interpret Oscar
RE: CPAP newbie trying to interpret Oscar
In my opinion you should increase the EPR to 3 and adjust your lower pressure to add the EPR difference back in.  Make sure it is set to full time and not ramp only.  Your flow limit is a little high which is signaling the Resmed to increase pressure in an attempt to overcome these limits.  The EPR will aid in reducing your flow limits.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To clarify, adjusting a min pressure to accommodate a EPR 3 would be to raise the min pressure by 3? So that the pressure relief on expiration would still maintain an open airway.
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition, is it reasonable to set a max pressure, even though its in Auto, since high peaks result in waking. If so, how far above the 95% should i target, and doesn’t the 95% go higher with EPR on? Then again if the spike is due to flow limit, maybe it’s a non issue once flow limits better controlled.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just so you don't feel like a party favor, I'd try 2 to 3 cm above your lower pressure setting. I'm very sensitive to pressure changes and have found if I keep a very narrow pressure range, I have fewer arousals.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
lawilli2, just keep your pressure at 9 and add EPR on, full time at 3. I think you will end up adding a soft cervical collar, but we can start with the flow limits and hypopnea. Recommended settings:
Mode: Autoset
Minimum Pressure: 9.0
Maximum Pressure: 15.0
EPR On Full Time
EPR Setting: 2
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape, thank you for the input and please excuse my lack of knowledge. I have been getting good AHI with EPR 0, min 7-9, max 20. So with adjustment for EPR I would raise min to say 10, and set max at 13?

How many days of this and collected data are reasonable to judge affect.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2020, 07:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Recommended settings:
Mode: Autoset
Minimum Pressure: 9.0
Maximum Pressure: 15.0
EPR On Full Time
EPR Setting: 2

i can do that Sleeprider and will post some results, thanks for spelling it out. I assume that last part should be EPR 3. All of you moderators have been a wealth of info. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I fat-fingered the EPR at 3. I'm in COVID shutdown land and need to get a cataract fixed, so my proofreading is not up to par. Ask anyoen, my spilling es perrfect.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Update from last night session. I did follow Night Crimson Nite and Sleeprider advice, and followed Sleeprider's easy to follow set-up. I had it all set up, then managed to pass out without putting on mask. Woke at 2 ish and got it on asap. I feel like i did pretty well sleep wise, I awoke around 4:30a, but managed to keep mask on and reset ramp. Not sure why i reset ramp since pressure fairly low, but at least I kept mask on! 

My concern is as you can see my AHI is gone from 1-2 with EPR off, to 10+. I did find the EPR seemed to make tolerating the 15 pressure easier. I can see I topped at 15 and held their for stretches, so I assume i need to go up on the max, but I defer to your expertise. 

Thanks to all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember that I said, " I think you will end up adding a soft cervical collar, but we can start with the flow limits and hypopnea." Well you need to add a soft cervical collar.

Please read about our theory on the mechanism of positional apnea here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Read about the use and benefits of a soft cervical collar (SCC) here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 497 3 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 133 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 117 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 205 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.