Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP not clearing data daily
CPAP not clearing data daily
My Resmed CPAP machine is not clearing in the afternoon the hours that I used the machine, etc. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how is this corrected? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP not clearing data daily
LCD "Sleep Quality" reset to zero at midday but on "Sleep Report" does not reset to zero so its there until you use the machine again and start the recording for a new day

Welcome to the forum Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2013, 08:33 PM)zonk Wrote: LCD "Sleep Quality" reset to zero at midday but on "Sleep Report" does not reset to zero so its there until you use the machine again and start the recording for a new day

Well, maybe I don't understand what you are saying, but, in the past, each day, after 12 PM, it would reset to zero hours.

Thank you for your reply. :-)

[quote='trish6hundred' pid='42894' dateline='1376618701']
Hi me50,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Try unplugging, at times rebooting helps reset the machine
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back and looked and now it has reset itself. Thankfully and thank all of you for your replies. I have been reading some comments on here and was surprised at some of the information. The facility that I got my CPAP from did very little to provide me information apparently. I have never unplugged my CPAP machine when not in use and was never told to do so. Also, I must have not been thinking when I filled out my machine info. I have a Resmed Elite and Resmed Humidifier and a Quattro FX full face mask. For about a year, I was constantly having leaks and they said I should have a size medium face mask. Then, they gave me a large face mask and the leaks got worse. Finally, they gave me a small face mask and small headgear and all the leaks stopped. One thing that I have noticed though, is that so many people that I have met tell me once they got adjusted to the CPAP machine, they slept better and longer. I still wake up every 2 or 3 hours. Also, I have read about software and Sleepyhead on this forum. I know nothing about this software and just thought that I had to take my SD card in to be read to check for leaks and my AHI's. Is this the case or can I do this on my own and if so, how. I will be reading more posts to see if I can get the answer to this. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you for letting me join this forum!!

(08-15-2013, 10:21 PM)me50 Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 08:33 PM)zonk Wrote: LCD "Sleep Quality" reset to zero at midday but on "Sleep Report" does not reset to zero so its there until you use the machine again and start the recording for a new day

Well, maybe I don't understand what you are saying, but, in the past, each day, after 12 PM, it would reset to zero hours.

Thank you for your reply. :-)

[quote='trish6hundred' pid='42894' dateline='1376618701']
Hi me50,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you got it sorted out. which Resmed Elite are you using? S8 or S9

Machine LCD should shows your AHI and leak providing "Sleep Quality" is set to "ON" in the clinical menu

Here is the download links to ResScan and SlepyHead software, SleepyHead only supports S9 (not S8)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

If you have not done so already, the manual is available via email
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
FYI, I think the machine "day" runs from noon until noon the next day. Make sure that the CPAP Machine TIME is set correctly for AM or PM. Clinician Manuals for your device (thankfully on this Forum) will tell how to change the time if needed, but I think it erases the stored data, so you might want to do it right AFTER your Dr reads data from your SD Card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine has cleared each day the whole time I had it except this one time. I am watching it to see if it happens again. I was prescribed the CPAP machine from the sleep study center that did my sleep study so I don't have a doc monitoring it. I monitor it myself. I was also told that I don't go into REM sleep (at least the night I was having the sleep study). I am just curious......have all of you been told to turn your CPAP off during nonuse? I have the S9. Thank you all for your replies
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  [Pressure] Fairly new to CPAP, need help interpreting OSCAR data Maverick3u3 5 300 02-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Maverick3u3
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Video [Treatment] Looking for Insight on my CPAP data scarcityj 6 399 01-16-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: scarcityj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.