Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP not working
CPAP not working
Hello Mark, My husband and I are from Missouri, USA. He is about 500 miles away on a trip and the machine is not working at all. Powers up but does not blow air. He has a RE Master Plus. He says two lights come on but that is it. I am desperate to try to figure out how to get this fixed. The servicing company is retarded and claim that since we "own" the machine that she can't help me (respiratory therapist) without a prescription. The last time he didn't have his machine, he ended up in the hospital for a heart damage / heart attack for five days. So do you know what to do to this machine? Reset or maybe something else? What site can I go to or who to talk to if you don't have any info on this machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(07-22-2012, 11:03 AM)Robert and Robin Johnson Wrote: Hello Mark, My husband and I are from Missouri, USA. He is about 500 miles away on a trip and the machine is not working at all. Powers up but does not blow air. He has a RE Master Plus. He says two lights come on but that is it. I am desperate to try to figure out how to get this fixed. The servicing company is retarded and claim that since we "own" the machine that she can't help me (respiratory therapist) without a prescription. The last time he didn't have his machine, he ended up in the hospital for a heart damage / heart attack for five days. So do you know what to do to this machine? Reset or maybe something else? What site can I go to or who to talk to if you don't have any info on this machine?

First of all, welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

As to how to reset your machine, have you downloaded the CPAP Clinician Setup Manual. It may have the information you are looking for. If it doesn't, you might want to contact Respironics and speak with customer service to try to resolve your issues.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(07-22-2012, 11:03 AM)Robert and Robin Johnson Wrote: Hello Mark, My husband and I are from Missouri, USA. He is about 500 miles away on a trip and the machine is not working at all. Powers up but does not blow air. He has a RE Master Plus. He says two lights come on but that is it. I am desperate to try to figure out how to get this fixed. The servicing company is retarded and claim that since we "own" the machine that she can't help me (respiratory therapist) without a prescription. The last time he didn't have his machine, he ended up in the hospital for a heart damage / heart attack for five days. So do you know what to do to this machine? Reset or maybe something else? What site can I go to or who to talk to if you don't have any info on this machine?

Robin,
Welcome to the Forum!
I believe you are talking about the REMStar Plus. This is a very old machine and it would have to go back to Respironics to repair it. I have had one of those for years and only recently got a new machine and as far as I know there is no reset or anything on it.
The good news is that you can order a replacement machine from Supplier#2. They sell gently used machines that are all cleansed and sanitized, etc and have very low hours on them. I upgraded to the DS550 Auto which is a very nice machine. Many folks here like the Resmed S9. However you cut it, the prices on these machines are really great! Go to the thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
and look at Supplier #2 (SecondwindCPAP) It is probably cheaper to get a good working machine from these guys than trying to have that old brick repaired. The new machines are so far improved it is unreal! I encourage you to talk to your husband about this. If you still just want a working one like the one your husband has, you can buy a replacement machine from them as well. Good luck.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP not working
These posts were split off of the ResScan thread, because it's a different topic.

Thanks.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. I will try this when I get home. Our local American Home Patient place is good at fixing stuff. He is just on holiday now. The therapist rethought her answers and did actually provide him with a loaner. I think it had mostly to do with prayers and a little bit about telling her I have her full name if my husband ended up having another heart attack.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Robin - Its good you managed to get them providing the loaner machine. Sometimes its cheaper to replace the machine than trying to repair.
Try to unplug the machine, disconnect everything thing including the humidifier, take the card out if got any, and plug the machine back - sometimes rebooting can help. Is any error code displayed on the machine - Here are the list of error codes for RemStar machines
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Robert and Robin Johnson, First, I'd like to Welcome! you to the forum.! I hope things work out with the CPAP problems. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any kind of error code on the display?

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 573 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 529 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.