Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP or VAuto
Question 
My doc is writing my script today .. I previously had CPAP but have been reading about the ResMed Air Sense 10 for her . Anybody have experience with that and should I request it. Unsure
ResMed Air Sense 10 for her is an "Autoset." VAuto does not apply.
There's a VPAP Auto -- but, that's an entirely different animal.

Go for the ResMed Air Sense 10 for her if you can... it can always be set to run in straight CPAP mode.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
yep agree 100%, Autoset is great, you can turn it off, and you want data capable so you can see what is happening while you sleep.

Hi Mary Anna,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you start your CPAP journey, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Get the auto and get Software to understand what is going on. Sleep-well
Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Smile 
Thank you. I have already learned more from this board than from respiratory therapist.

ok.. got the Air Sense 10 Autoset . so it does give data ... do I need Sleepyhead in addition ?
(07-12-2016, 02:54 PM)Mary Anna Wrote: ok.. got the Air Sense 10 Autoset . so it does give data ... do I need Sleepyhead in addition ?

With Sleepyhead you will a lot of data and folks on this forum will be able to help you more.

Sleep-well
Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Change Pressure on AirCurve 10 VAuto info 32 5,829 12-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Last Post: _cy_
  AirCurve 10 VAUTO pogosix 7 514 09-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post: pogosix
  [split] ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto technical details FFOGHORN 13 786 08-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Angry [CPAP] ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto issues warmbear 26 2,167 08-14-2016, 06:58 PM
Last Post: FFOGHORN
  Bloating with Aircurve 10 VAuto John Turner 27 1,778 08-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: John Turner
  Sleep study didn't go well, received a Trial VAuto PleaseHelp111 5 537 05-04-2016, 01:05 AM
Last Post: palerider
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO malfunction Sleeprider 3 609 05-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred