Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] oxygen levels and sleepyhead download
Smile 
oxygen levels and sleepyhead download
Hi everyone, I am new to this so here goes,
I have been on cpap for just under 2 years now, in jan 2013 I had major surgery to remove my large bowel, I had a bad time coming thru the operation , I was in for 12 days, unfortunately couldn't use my cpap machine then but I was admitted back on 3 other occasions, the last tiem however the nurse would wake me up at 6am to take bp and other things, the nurse kept telling me to drink a glass of water and take some deep breaths as my oxygen lvl was low, this happened everytime . The nurse in the day time heard about this and told me I could not use my cpap machine whilst in hospital , so hooked me up to a mask providing air and oxygen whilst I was asleep, my point is now that I am home I am wondering would this problem still be happening? and if so what can I do about it? my consultant who I am under for osa has made me a apt for the sleep clinic to check my machine to make sure it is at the correct settings but that is not till march 20th this year.
Also I have heard about this sleepyhead and have tried to download it many times but it wont work on my pc, I am running windows 7 and it is 64 bit what ever that is, I see the sleepyhead is at 32bit, and even so , I have a resmed s9 so would it work for the sleepyhead , I am told that this cpap machine does not hold any info on how many apnoea episode I have had, but only shows how many hrs used and how many days used.... any feede back on both would be very much appreciated. thanks....[/size][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oxygen levels and sleepyhead download
Hi rjmwb2007, welcome to the forum.

I'll leave it to others to advise about the oxygen levels. But your problem with SleepyHead might be related to the type of machine you have. Look on your machine near the on/off button. It will have the model printed in white - it may be Escape, Elite, Autoset or possibly others. If it is an Escape, then it does not record detailed data (only the hours and days used), and without that data SleepyHead won't provide any sort of analysis. All the others are capable of recording that data, but the capability may have been switched off by the provider (don't ask me why they do that!). It's not too hard to turn it back on, but first let's confirm whether you have an Escape or a different type of S9.

I can confirm SleepyHead works fine on a 64 bit machine running Windows 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were in the hospital without your CPAP machine you were probably having a lot of apneas which will drop your oxygen levels. This is why we must always take our machine with us to the hospital to assure that we will get our CPAP therapy. If you are back on your CPAP machine now your oxygen levels may be okay. The only way to know for sure is to wear an oximeter overnight to check this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rjmwb2007,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Lukie said.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2014, 08:07 AM)rjmwb2007 Wrote: I have a resmed s9 so would it work for the sleepyhead , I am told that this cpap machine does not hold any info on how many apnoea episode I have had, but only shows how many hrs used and how many days used.... any feede back on both would be very much appreciated. thanks....[/size][/font]
Escape models are not data capable machines, shows nothing beside hours usage on the LCD and SD card
The Autoset and Elite shows efficacy data (AHI, leak) on the LCD and SD card but "sleep quality" need to be 'ON" otherwise would only shows hours usage as the Escape models

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2014, 10:18 AM)Lukie Wrote: This is why we must always take our machine with us to the hospital to assure that we will get our CPAP therapy.

Huhsign

Dodgy
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2014, 08:07 AM)rjmwb2007 Wrote: The nurse in the day time heard about this and told me I could not use my cpap machine whilst in hospital

(02-07-2014, 10:18 AM)Lukie Wrote: This is why we must always take our machine with us to the hospital to assure that we will get our CPAP therapy.

Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
First: SleepHead DOES work on Windows 7 including 64-bit (32 bit programs can run on 64 but not the other way around, and sleepyhead is one that many people do run -- in fact I run it on the equivalent of 8.1 64-Bit just fine, the beta and the "nightly" build work here.)

[64-bit just means the program has a bigger -- more bits -- cpu data size (than 32) and that it can access MORE MEMORY, i.e., more than 3-4 GB can be REALLY USED by the system. Today most 32-bit applications run fine on 64-bit machines.]

SleepyHead can only do Saturation IF you have a SEPARATE PulseOximeter (like the CMS) -- CPAP machines typically don't have that.

Post the full name of your machine. ResMed is the manufacturer and S9 is more a SERIES than a model. The S9 AutoFit is an APAP machine with full data collection but there are other ResMeds without that feature.

Post your settings if you can. If it is a CPAP you will have 1 number, e.g., 10, or with APAP you'll have to 4-12 or something.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,601 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI cmpman1974 60 5,086 01-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.