Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP "pauses" intermittently
RE: CPAP "pauses" intermittently
Balance cost vs reliability for best value IMO.
Best to ya Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine was a PRS1 50 series, then based on the issues you described, you need to read this post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid203661

There is a very easy fix for the problem with the loose main board near the flow sensor of a Philips 50 series. I didn't realize we could be talking about a machine that age until your last post.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider. I will try to look at this tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
A few months back I found a Resmed S9 in the dumpster here on base. I took it home and plugged it in and it powered up. I had a friend that had an old system and his insurance said it wouldn't buy a new one for some reason so I gave him this one. He tried it that night but got a "Motor life exceeded" error so the brought it back. I did a little research and ended up doing a factory reset on it and no more errors. I brought it back to him and works like new now. Not sure if that would help or not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here are 2 photos showing the overall view when I opened the machine and a closer view of the only holes I could find that looked like they were for attaching the board. Both of these were pretty tight when I took the machine apart. Any comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the missing screw is on the other side of that board where the fan sensors are in your overall image.

I have reloaded the original images because Photobucket killed the ones we had.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Sorry about the delay. I tried to check the screws and found there were 3 points of attachment. I have shown both sides in the photos and the one view shows the screws. I had to modify the one for #2 in order to get it down flush to allow the over to close. After all of this I tried it last week and it still shuts down for about 2 breaths and does so about once every hour. There was something in one of the other posts about a "factory reset". I did not find anything online about how to do that but am going to find that post and respond. Thanks for all the help; it is a shame because the machine works well otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
How did you perform a factory reset? I could not find anything online about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember doing a search on the error message "expected motor life exceeded" and didn't find much info on it.  I ended up getting into the Clinician Setup, started searching and came across the setting for a factory reset.  Since it was already "dead" I figured I couldn't do anymore damage so I selected it and it reset the hours back to '0' and now it works.  As for your model I can't tell you where to find that setting and not sure if that has that option on it.  Sorry I couldn't provide more info.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think on the PRS1 50 series, it was the screw you have marked as #3 that was omitted. It appears you have that problem resolved, and the problem is elsewhere.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are my breaths normal? Long pauses, jagged lines. Nathan Graves 5 1,017 07-23-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: car54
  [Equipment] Air flow pauses or 'pops' for fraction of a second CPAPuser604 3 654 04-10-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: CPAPuser604
  dreamstation losing pressure intermittently odoyle 11 2,788 01-30-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: odoyle
  Remstar Auto A-flex intermittently cutting off babydoss 13 7,607 03-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] ResMed Elite s8 shuts off intermittently JCaesar 3 4,833 09-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.