Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP pillows can really help tackle mask issues!
At the suggestion of a forum advisor (chill), I just wanted to write about what a godsend a sleep apnea pillow can be if you're having troubles with mask leak or other comfort issues while sleeping on your side, like I used to have.

For anyone who hasn't seen one, they are specially shaped pillows with cutouts for your mask. Most come with a matching pillow cover for washing. Your mask hangs off the edge of the pillow while your head remains supported. They can be stuffed like a traditional pillow or made out of memory foam. I personally found the memory foam version too hard and it still tended to knock my mask off. I've had my filled pillow for years now, and it was a game-changer for me. If you Google "sleep apnea pillows" in Google images, you can see all sorts of available designs.

This is a picture of the pillow that looks closest to what I use:

[Image: Sleep%20Apnea%20Neck%20Pillow.jpg]

Mine was about $50. I've seen versions that are much cheaper - like $15 - but I worried that they weren't as well made or supportive.

I hope this helps some of you! All the best!

Grouphug3

Post Reply Post Reply
I too purchased one of those. Mine is somewhat similar yet different. Has a cool side and a soft ( fuzzy) side. Gives support all the way to the edge so you can hang your mask off the edge and still have support. Mine was 60.00. They are not cheap but worth every penny.
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Feel free to write a review of it over at the Review Forum.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New headgear relieving scalp issues okieman 1 30 6 hours ago
Last Post: trish6hundred
  750p PCA board swap - issues with writing my prescription mraroid 4 112 Yesterday, 08:52 AM
Last Post: mraroid
  Considering Dreamwear. Cushions or pillows? Your thoughts? tomkatt 9 228 08-15-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: tomkatt
  Newbie issues - mask leaks, adjusting pressure son.et.lumiere 7 219 08-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Question about pillows- not the nose kind Walla Walla 12 455 08-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Advice on Mask issues Dramagal27 5 271 08-04-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: st8800
  Surgery Issues compucoder 2 201 08-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Last Post: mrkdilkington