Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP pillows
CPAP pillows
Can anyone tell me if they use a CPAP pillow and are they really worth the money? Which one seems to be the most bang for your buck?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP pillows
I use one when I am home (I travel for work).

I got it for a penny when I ordered other stuff from an on-line supplier.

If you can pick one up on the cheap; then, why not? 40 or 50 bucks? Not worth it as far as I'm concerned. You can beat a regular pillow into any shape you want and that's what I do in hotels.

That's just my 2 cents worth (or 1 cent actually).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2012, 10:02 PM)hunningsedaniel Wrote: Can anyone tell me if they use a CPAP pillow and are they really worth the money?

I never tried one after reading too many reviews. The general consensus was a few liked them but more people didn't like them.

There's a couple of reviews here in the Product Reviews forum.

I found a lot of unbiased reviews on Amazon, just search CPAP pillow and then look at the different brands and read the reviews, a lot of people say they're too hot or too hard, that's two big strikes against for me.

After searching for many years and trying every conceivable type of pillow, from water to air, to buckwheat hulls and memory foam I finally found the perfect pillow for me was a MyPillow, it works great with my full face mask and I always sleep on my side, I bought it last February and for the first time in my life I don't toss and turn anymore, I wake-up exactly where I fell asleep.

Good luck on your pillow quest! Sleep-well

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
There's reviews of several of them here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum

Apria
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...PAP-Pillow
Contour
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
A firm travel pillow like the one pictured below is what I use. I'm a side and stomach sleeper. I put the "prongs" towards the headboard and lay my ear on side. That prong is firm enough and wide enough to support my ear and part of my cheek while allowing my mask to hang over the side of the pillow. There are different fillings for these sort of travel pillows. I don't know what my filling is, but it is firm, no beads or moveable parts.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if this will help you but I tend to turn a lot in my sleep. What I found works best is a Hose Hanger. Easily made and keeps the hose elevated so it isn't up against the pillow or getting tangled as I believe most mask have a swivel. Basically what we did was attach a small but strong "bungy cord" to the ceiling directly above where my hose would be in a normal sleeping position. Then with both bungy hooks facing down I used both hooks to hold a plastic coated metal hook with a large loop so the hose slides and moves freely throughout the night! Works well at home, probably not a travel option, and a lot cheaper than the ones they sell! Hope this helps, at least another option to consider!

Supplier #1 sells them for approx. 50.00, major Pharmacies sell them for under 20.00. Mine I believe works better as the bottom loop where the hose rests is much wider and hose slides back and forth easily. Just search any major search engine for "CPAP Hose Holder"
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the CPAP pillow and I like it fairly well, I've had it for quite a while and will probably get another one, not sure which one yet.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,765 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 531 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Keep getting air bolus in mouth w nasal pillows Palmtrees 7 681 12-28-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.