Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP pressure settings of 10 - 15 or more
RE: CPAP pressure settings of 10 - 15 or more
Looking back at my data, it show several days where I am spending up to an hour under 80 %.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post your OSCAR daily charts so we can see what can be done with your AutoSet. At Apnea board we are very much into reading and responding to that data.
.when is your next appointment with your doctor?
Post Reply Post Reply
About 5 months ago, I started CPAP, and I had a registered therapist.  It did not work out for me.  I did not feel that he was interested in helping me.  I am still in the process of finding someone right for me.  I am working with my GP to get a prescription for an oxygen concentrator.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the detail chart for December 4 that would go along with the SpO2 chart you posted?

What I see in your chart are clusters of obstruction where several events occur together and breathing is noticeably disrupted. In your December 5 chart, this happens at 19:20, 19:35-20:10, and about 23:10. There are also several clusters of flow limitation which suggests a partial obstruction in the upper airway. The pattern is consistent with what we call positional apnea or chin-tucking http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea We can see during these times, there tends to be increased leaks and a more chaotic appearance to the respiratory charts. I suspect that chin tucking or other positional obstruction of your airway is likely the root cause of your SpO2 desaturation episodes and that they would resolve if you can find a way to prevent the airway from being obstructed. Increases in pressure may help, but we have seen resolution of the problem by limiting pillows, avoiding certain head/neck positions and use of a soft cervical collar. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar This is a very common problem we repeatedly see on the forum.

With regard to settings, you are currently at 8.0 minimum, 10.4 maximum and EPR 3. This results in delivered pressure range of 8/5 to 10.4/7.4 (inhale/exhale), so this is very low pressure and there are enough obstructive events, I recommend an increase of minimum pressure to 9.0, maximum pressure 12.0 and keep the EPR at 3 for a range of 9/6 to 12/9. This is still not a particularly high pressure, but gives you a better chance to prevent obstruction and flow limitation, which appears to be directly responsible for your oxygen desaturation events. I doubt supplemental oxygen is a better solution than the optimization of your settings and correction of any positional issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you,  I will look into purchasing a soft collar
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ear tubes to help with CPAP ear pressure? PaulaO2 16 3,239 9 hours ago
Last Post: jiyun
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 81 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 321 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 159 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,960 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 263 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.