Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP pressure settings of 10 - 15 or more
CPAP pressure settings of 10 - 15 or more
Good day to all

I am trying to increase my SPO2 levels by increasing my minimum CPAP pressure.  I started at 5-10.4 (min and max pressures) and my AHI was 1.57  . My SPO2, at that time lowest was 77%.   I increased my pressure to 8.0 - 10.4, and I had an AHI of 2.55  .  I understand that the oxygen levels are not the greatest, but they have increased.

My questions are, how high can I increase my minimum pressure setting before other issues occur? 

Thank you for your help

BP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP pressure settings of 10 - 15 or more
Increasing your min is not a problem.  The min pressure is the inhale pressure and yours is quite low.  Most adults' take 8 or above.  But O2 levels are a problem if your saturation is below 88 for any length of time during the night.  Sharp spikes are normally from the oxygen probe on your finger losing contact.  With that being said if you saturation is low you will need to add Oxygen to your cpap.  This is easy to do with a concentrator and it supplies added O2 with an attachment  between the machine and the hose. 

Your Dr. needs to order it and is really not a big deal to use or set up but he can tell if you really do need the added O2.  For what it is worth I have had added night time O2 for over 20 years.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been looking for a O2 concentrator, but don't know which one yet.  My doctor has left it up to me to chose a unit.  I was thinking of the Philips Millennium M10. A home use constant flow with plenty of head room.
Post Reply Post Reply
You apparently have Oscar available. Have you tried correlating SpO2 desaturations with events? Let's have a look at your Oscar daily details and perhaps there will be something more helpful we can suggest rather than just pressure. Your pressure is still pretty low and you are only using EPR 1, so if flow limitation is present, it might make more sense to address that than to simply add pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried to import my O2 ring data files, but Oscar would not accept them.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the O2 Ring's filename you are trying to import?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
O2_20221204203344.csv
Post Reply Post Reply
If you post your OSCAR files without integration it will help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look for duration at or below xx% saturation.

Medicare uses a cumulative 5 minutes at or below 88% as their criteria for qualifying for supplemental oxygen with a CPAP.

It looks like you may meet that on your second night. Do you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try again and let you know. 

Thank you for your help

BP
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,564 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 225 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 237 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 278 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 448 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 181 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.