Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] problem of heating tube ( Airsense 10 )
problem of heating tube ( Airsense 10 )
I use Resmed Airsense 10 Auto CPAP for several month
In recent days, the heating tube seems out of order
Sometimes it is warm, but sometimes it is cold...
How can I differentiate that the broken site is the tube or the connection of the CPAP ?
Is there anybody can help me ?
Thank you so much

< Sorry for my poor English, hope you can understand what I mean >
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: problem of heating tube ( Airsense 10 )
Do you have any kind of warranty, or insurance coverage with a DME / supplier? If so, they should test and verify it for you, or send you a new hose if you're due for one through your insurance.

These hoses can be difficult to troubleshoot on your own. I've never really been able to tell if mine is on or not because the hose never feels warm to the touch. Also, if the tube really wasn't working and you are using your humidifer, you would probably be getting rainout. Are you using "Auto" climate control, or are you setting the humidifier and hose temperature independently? What are your current settings?

Post Reply Post Reply
I set the Tube Temperature as 25 C , Humidity as 2.
When the tube is cold, I find that some steam condenses to water on the wall of the tube.
When the tube is warm, there is no water in the tube
Post Reply Post Reply
It is going to be difficult to tell where the problem is. First you need to figure out if there is a problem.
The heat to the tube will depend on room temperature to water temperature. Is your room close to 25C? If so the tube may or may not heat.
Rain out is caused by warm moist air going through a colder tube, this is why they heat the tube sometimes. If the room, so the tube, is around the same temperature as the water from the humidifier, then depending on very small changes in room temperature the tube may or may not be heated.

Try turning up the tube temperature when you are not sleeping and see if the tube gets warm and stays warm for around 30 minutes. If it does than your system is probably working fine.

Now if you do need to "fix" something, changing the tube will cost much less than changing the CPAP, invest in a new tube and see if it starts working. If not c=have the CPAP checked.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi debby2242,
WELCOME! to the forum! and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,477 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.