Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] remstar prom service required
Question 
remstar prom service required
My machine, remstar pro m series is giving me a (service required) and all lights are flashing. I have removed the card still same tried almost everything, same thing. Anyone hav any thoughts. appreciate anything.

fmac
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: remstar prom service required
(04-13-2012, 10:57 AM)fmac Wrote: My machine, remstar pro m series is giving me a (service required) and all lights are flashing. I have removed the card still same tried almost everything, same thing. Anyone hav any thoughts. appreciate anything.

fmac
welcome to the forum.

try re-booting. detach the humidifier, unplug every plug and cord. wait a little while like you do with a cable modem and hook it all back up. if that don't work you're going to have to contact the supplier. if it is being rented or under warranty they may help. if it's 5 yrs old your insurance may buy a new one. if you have to pay it is best to get a prescription and upgrade to the system one. you can get the new system one auto a-flex for 619 with humidifier from supplier 1 or 6.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fmac
As uncle bill suggested rebooting can help also you can find what the error code mean in this thread
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, I finally got the machine back up, am scheduled to get a new supplier so am going to try to get this old remstar replaced.

THANKS fmac
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 01:39 PM)fmac Wrote: Thanks everyone, I finally got the machine back up, am scheduled to get a new supplier so am going to try to get this old remstar replaced.

THANKS fmac

talk to the dme beforehand and make sure they're not going to give you grief when you want a fully data capable automatic machine. if they start giving you a load of crap, find a new dme that will help you.

when you ask your doctor tell him that no matter what machine you get, plain old low budget off brand cpap or the newest best automatic fully data capable machine, you and the insurance company will pay one total price. get him to write the prescription for a resmed s-9 autoset or pr system one automatic with a-flex. pr does make a brand new system one 6o series, but the problem is, it's so new good software to read the card isn't available yet.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
The M series is an older machines and since Respironcis was taken over by Phillips they added Phillips to the name. There,re 3 models in the PR System One series: Plus - Pro - Auto
http://respironicsremstars.respironics.com/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 57 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 378 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] Advice required regarding data Mjfbeeslaar 4 384 12-28-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 432 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep test Required/Mandatory ??? dalabera 9 762 10-26-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,231 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.