Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP repairs
CPAP repairs
My S9 Autoset (4 years old) has woken me over the last couple of days with a high pitched noise which oscillates in pitch/volume in line with breathing. It is probably the electric motor bearings.

Is this worthwhile looking to get it repaired?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP repairs
(11-13-2014, 03:05 PM)Lofty Wrote: My S9 Autoset (4 years old) has woken me over the last couple of days with a high pitched noise which oscillates in pitch/volume in line with breathing. It is probably the electric motor bearings.
Is this worthwhile looking to get it repaired?
Probably not Lofty. You would have to take it to your nearest Resmed agent (most likely a chemist), they would send it away for a quote. The price quoted by Resmed would be about the same as a new machine (from US - check supplier list top of this page). I used & recommend Supplier #8.
Can't sell the old machine on ebay either, but I believe you can list it "for parts only". I listed mine as the humidifier, card reader & bag plus accessories - the machine given it for free. That worked ok.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2014, 03:05 PM)Lofty Wrote: Is this worthwhile looking to get it repaired?
Depend on costs, can they give a free quote?
Did you get the 5 years warranty when you bought the machine

Check Supplier #2 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List for gently used S9 AutoSet, they have one without the humidifier $479.00 and $529.00 with the humidifier and the heated hose (new for $749.00) maybe 60/70 for shipping. Prices in US$, you can also use your power cord instead the one comes with the machine and the humidifier if you opt for one without the humidifier to save some $$$
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lofty,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you will be able to get your machine repaired.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
With most insurances here is how it works. 1-2 years DME should replace unit for free. 3-4 years DME would send it in for repairs and give you a loaner until yours is returned. 5 years a new unit with insurance paying for it again or renting for 13 month what ever your insurance does.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the average life span of a machine if it is used every night for about 6-8 hours.
Do some makes and model fair better than others or is it just the luck of the draw??

Chip
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2014, 11:10 PM)chiphead Wrote: What is the average life span of a machine if it is used every night for about 6-8 hours.
Do some makes and model fair better than others or is it just the luck of the draw??

Chip

Good question chip I'd like to know too! Smile

I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 03:10 AM)DrWho? Wrote:
(11-13-2014, 11:10 PM)chiphead Wrote: What is the average life span of a machine if it is used every night for about 6-8 hours.

Chip

Good question chip I'd like to know too! Smile

Yes Dr Who, we would all like to get the best bang for our buck, and longevity plays a huge role in this. Its all about making the best informed decision based on all the facts in front of us.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is kinda like asking how long does a auto, washing machine, dryer, stove, ect last. Maybe the Shadow Knows!
Post Reply Post Reply
Try #27 and #28 on the Supplier List:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

They will charge a base fee to look at it, then they'll tell you how much more it'll cost to repair. At that point you can go ahead with the repair or surrender the machine and pay that base fee.

I don't know if craigslist is an option for you, but that can be a good place to get a used machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed S9 repairs? Cleaning? Parts? kyork 13 3,924 10-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [CPAP] Urgent Pillow repairs Big Pete 5 1,592 05-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Big Pete
  Resmed Compact S9 Repairs viclobocga 2 1,488 09-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.