Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bilevel VAuto
RE: Bilevel VAuto
(10-31-2015, 11:07 PM)Lisamarieknits Wrote: Ok, so I just set the IPAP at 16, the EPAP at 8 and then the PS at 4...I left the Ti numbers alone. What should those be set to? right now Ti max is 2.0 and Ti min is 0.3. trigger and Cycle are set at medium...should this all work ok I hope?

The Ti min and Ti max as well as the trigger and cycle are set at the factory defaults. It appears that most people do well with those settings. I would not change any of them unless there is a clear and distinct reason to change them. Mine are at the same values.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Kaiasgram on your settings.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 12:26 AM)PaytonA Wrote: The Ti min and Ti max as well as the trigger and cycle are set at the factory defaults. It appears that most people do well with those settings. I would not change any of them unless there is a clear and distinct reason to change them. Mine are at the same values.

Same here.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 11:07 PM)Lisamarieknits Wrote: Ok, so I just set the IPAP at 16, the EPAP at 8 and then the PS at 4?

If this is a min EPAP of 8, then you in effect have a IPAP pressure that ranges between 12 and 16 according to your needs, but gives you 4 cm of pressure relief when you exhale.

Two things to watch. One, if you are spending a lot of time at a IPAP pressure of 16, you may need to bump it up. Two, if you are still swallowing air you may want to try raising the PS.

Spend a few nights at these settings, though, before you make any changes as it takes your body a while to get used to new settings. Also, the tendency to swallow air usually goes away on its own.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Smile
(10-31-2015, 11:57 PM)kaiasgram Wrote: You posted while I was typing.Smile We're thinking pretty much along the same lines.

I hope this thread helped you as well!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 12:26 AM)PaytonA Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 11:07 PM)Lisamarieknits Wrote: Ok, so I just set the IPAP at 16, the EPAP at 8 and then the PS at 4...I left the Ti numbers alone. What should those be set to? right now Ti max is 2.0 and Ti min is 0.3. trigger and Cycle are set at medium...should this all work ok I hope?

The Ti min and Ti max as well as the trigger and cycle are set at the factory defaults. It appears that most people do well with those settings. I would not change any of them unless there is a clear and distinct reason to change them. Mine are at the same values.

Ok, So the first night I did the settings you suggested. I noticed on the sleepyhead data I hit the 16 several times. So, I changed it to 9 to 18 with PS 4. That worked out good. I did hit 18 once during the night.

The doctors office returns my call today and tells me there is no such thing as an auto BiPAP. I said well, I made it work and I assure you my machine is capable of it. I told her desperate people take things into their own hands. I have been calling for several weeks to get this straightened out. crazy! So, she talked to the Dr and they made note of the pressures.

I have severe TMJ and had joint replacements that were removed...so at night I can't close my mouth...and that causes me to swallow air. So the Auto bipap function is making it help a lot.

Thanks for helping me figure this out. I was trying to attach a screen shot of the machine, but it says it is too big.
thanks,
Lisa
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=1830]
(11-02-2015, 07:00 PM)Lisamarieknits Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 12:26 AM)PaytonA Wrote:

Ok, So the first night I did the settings you suggested. I noticed on the sleepyhead data I hit the 16 several times. So, I changed it to 9 to 18 with PS 4. That worked out good. I did hit 18 once during the night.

The doctors office returns my call today and tells me there is no such thing as an auto BiPAP. I said well, I made it work and I assure you my machine is capable of it. I told her desperate people take things into their own hands. I have been calling for several weeks to get this straightened out. crazy! So, she talked to the Dr and they made note of the pressures.

I have severe TMJ and had joint replacements that were removed...so at night I can't close my mouth...and that causes me to swallow air. So the Auto bipap function is making it help a lot.

Thanks for helping me figure this out. I was trying to attach a screen shot of the machine, but it says it is too big.
thanks,
Lisa

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2015, 07:00 PM)Lisamarieknits Wrote: Ok, So the first night I did the settings you suggested. I noticed on the sleepyhead data I hit the 16 several times. So, I changed it to 9 to 18 with PS 4. That worked out good. I did hit 18 once during the night.

Great news, we hit our target on the first try!

Quote:The doctors office returns my call today and tells me there is no such thing as an auto BiPAP.

Oh-jeez This is at the same time hilarious and worrisome. I wonder how many patients who need auto bilevel are not getting it because this doctor thinks there is no such thing. More worrisome than hilarious...

You actually said when you started this thread that you thought your doc didn't understand the capabilities of the machines and you were right!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,959 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 79 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 174 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 462 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.