Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: trial
Humidifier: trial
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
resmed s7 auto set spirit stops
I have the resmed s7 autoset spirit. It has been working perfectly until recently when I wake during the night and find machine has stopped. I press the bar at front of unit and recommences. This is starting to happen more frequently sometimes three times per night. Hoping you can help me here. Many thanks.
11-21-2013 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: resmed s7 auto set spirit stops
Hi Norbeth, welcome to Apnea Board!

Your S7 machine is quite old. The useful life of a CPAP machine is usually around 5 years. The S7's came out in late 2006 / early 2007, so your machine is likely close to 7+ years old. Great that you got a couple extra years out of it, but I suspect that you'll need to start looking for a newer machine soon, and it usually doesn't pay to have an older machine fixed.

Check out Archangle's machine suggestions on our Wiki, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

I'd definitely suggest getting a data-capable machine so you can closely monitor your own treatment. Also, the newer machines offer much better therapy options and effectiveness of treatment, in my opinion.

If cost is an issue, a lot of times Supplier #2 on our Supplier List has gently used machines for good prices.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

11-21-2013 08:57 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi norbeth,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What SuperSleeper said.
Best of luck to you.

trish6hundred
11-21-2013 10:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Yeah, the S7s were good machines but not that good. I'm surprised yours has worked that long. My S7 Lightweight made it to 6 yrs and was as loud as a car.

What could be happening is simple overheating inside. Accumulation of dust over the years. You could try to blow it out using one of those air cans but you run the risk of messing with the sensitive air pressure unit inside so maybe not.

Not sure what else could be causing it to shut off. There were not error codes on those things were there?

If you are paying out of pocket, Supplier #2 on the supplier list has some good prices.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-22-2013 08:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure Abnormal86 14 568 11-22-2016 11:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 16 3,267 11-12-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  difference between Apex XT Auto and Resmed S9 Autoset Lanco 11 448 10-11-2016 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 872 10-09-2016 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic
  Help please new user Resmed auto 9 VERY loud mom1mg 14 739 09-26-2016 07:49 PM
Last Post: RWSENGRG
  ResMed S9 Auto VegasPier 0 236 09-19-2016 02:31 AM
Last Post: VegasPier
  Changed to resmed 10 auto, several questions Shockwave 10 651 08-31-2016 07:03 PM
Last Post: Shockwave