Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Full Face mask and chin strap
Thumbsdown 
Full Face mask and chin strap
Has anyone used full face mask and chin straps together? I think that even with the full face mask my mouth opening is not giving me affective treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Face mask and chin strap
I do sometimes.

It seems like every month or so my mouth will start opening while I sleep. While this doesn't seem to compromise my therapy (the pressure aspect at least), it makes my mouth very dry and also increases the likelihood of waking up with the bottom of my mask in my mouth. A couple night's with a chin strap on over my mask headgear and I get back in the habit of sleeping with my mouth closed (for a while).

Opening your mouth with a full face mask won't cause problems with pressure therapy, but could be causing other problems that keep you from sleeping comfortably. If that's the case, a chin strap might help. If you want to give it a try to see if it helps before parting with the cash for a chin strap, just use an ace bandage as a make-shift one for a couple nights.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi boop,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Boop, chin straps drove me crazy along with everything else. I have had really good luck with putting something under my chin. Read my suggestions in this thread.

Annoying mask leak from the bottom
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 596 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,584 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,104 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.