Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] resmed vpap settings
resmed vpap settings
My settings on resmed cpap are 16/12buy way to much air causing severe stomach gas bubbles any sggestions on settings I shoould try? Thanks for any help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed vpap settings
Since you have Rescan, please apprize us of what your data looks like. AHI, leaks, types and prevalence of events. Also let us know what mode you are using your machine in. Is it CPAP, S, or auto? I suspect that it is S mode (bilevel mode). If it is auto mode, please let us know what pressures the machine sets for you. Actually charts would be best. A screen shot of your detailed charts from Rescan showing events, pressure, leaks, flow limitations, and snore.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thanks long story.....my tech adjusted my machine awile ago from 16/12 because of same issue....my original machine is in for repair and I have a loaner that another medical supplie store set off my original prescription.,.....well I can't remememver what my tech adjusted it to bt it was perfect.......my readings last night were actually good but there is now way I can stay on 16/12.....I actually just s e t it to 14.4/10.4 because I think this is where my tech had it. Jst going to have to see how it goes. Any advice
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2015, 04:52 PM)brewski Wrote: .....my tech adjusted my machine awile ago from 16/12 because of same issue....my original machine is in for repair and I have a loaner that another medical supplie store set off my original prescription.,.....well I can't remememver what my tech adjusted it to bt it was perfect.......my readings last night were actually good but there is now way I can stay on 16/12.....I actually just s e t it to 14.4/10.4 because I think this is where my tech had it. Jst going to have to see how it goes. Any advice

Hi brewski,

Since you're having trouble swallowing too much air, I suggest verifying the therapy mode is S (not Auto with a very high setting for Max Pressure).

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,816 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 123 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,452 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 348 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 527 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 884 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 326 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.