Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] right amount of pressure
right amount of pressure
Hi I am new to this forum and also a new Auto CPAP user. I got Philips Dreamstation on my own and I was wondering if I need to set up the right amount of pressure or is the machine intuitive enough to pump in the right amount of pressure when I am asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: right amount of pressure
There are more than one dreamstation on the market. A model number would help. The auto machines will indeed find the right pressure. Then, again if you have the right machine, you can get your data onto your computer and use the SleepyHead software to look at what is happening. Perhaps with some help from here, you can use that data to tune the machine in and get it more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum 

To a degree yes, the Auto Dreamstation will adjust to events, but . . . . . 

The Dreamstations rate of response is such that it need s to start near where it needs to be to accomplish this.

To advise you on what that needs to be we need to see your daily charts.  Please upload your charts and I know that we can help you get dialed in.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Following on from Bonjour, if your machine is really set at 4 - 20 then it is unlikely to be giving you the right amount of pressure in a useful length of time.  If your pressure needs are very low (say 7 or less) then it might be OK.  Get SleepyHead and know for certain.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Healthkares,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  High amount of central apnea caused by OSA? LiaASV 32 2,435 12-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,349 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,350 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.