Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 full years of CPAP usage - zero improvement
RE: 2 full years of CPAP usage - zero improvement
Just to be sure, the SD card needs to be unlocked when it's in my Resmed and locked when I do a reading?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that's correct. That's because Windows 8.1 (which you may or may not be using) writes a dippy little file on the SDCard when you shove it in the machine. Then the Resmed see's that file and gets bent out of shape and makes you "erase" it (reformats it). Not the end of the world because the data will rebuild itself, but an inconvenience.

As to your Flow limit graph? You're right that the box is already checked. So now when you display the graphs for a night, scroll down until you see the one called "Flow Limit."

Now it may not mean anything. I'm just going by what mine showed before and after I made a small change. In my case the small change resulted in the flow limit calming down, and I definitely noticed the difference at night and the next day. Your results may vary, as they say.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2014, 06:02 AM)Route67 Wrote: Was diagnosed with OSA in June of 2012.

Got my Resmed CPAP machine in August and same as the majority of us had a hard time getting used to the mask and sleeping with it was difficult. I solved that problem by October or November of 2012 and have been using it faithfully ever since.

I am nowhere. Still waking 3 or 4 times a night to void. Still feeling like complete garbage during the day, including today; woke up at 6am after 3 voids and going to bed at midnight. I would absolutely love to get a solid 8 or 9 hours; I have had a handful in 2 years but that's it.

I go to bed every night saying to myself "maybe tonight will be the night" but it never is. The bed is my enemy and has been for more than three years now.

Yes, I have a sleep doctor, since summer of 2012; he told me 10 months ago that I was "cured" as long as I wear my mask to bed, based on the readings from the media card which slides into the back of my machine. Sent me to a urologist, my 3rd in three years; he sent me back to the sleep clinic after voluminous testing found nothing wrong with my prostate or kidneys. I have also seen a Nephrologist, a doctor who only works on kidneys, but he also said I was fine after equally-thorough testing.

It's impossible to ever get into stage 4 sleep if you have to wake every 2 hours or less to void. I do not drink coffee or tea, never have, and do not drink any type of alcohol. I keep my daily intake of soda and even water down to a very low level, perhaps dangerously low, because I so dread those multiple trips to the toilet during the overnight hours. Nothing helps.

I am going insane and feel like total crap every day, including right now. I am seeing a new sleep doctor on September 2nd, hoping for some kind of help. I have tried adjusting the settings on my machine but nothing ever works; I will ask her to set it at the highest possible levels, because despite the fact that everyone tells me I am fine I haven't had a really good night's sleep for multiple nights since 2010 or so.

Considering spending 1000 dollars for one of those dental mouthpieces, heck I would pay 5000 if I thought it would work. I wear the mask VERY faithfully but have gotten nowhere. Anyone else here have the same problem?

I seriously think you need to loose weight and you will see major improvements in your health and well being
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2014, 07:49 AM)Josebrenes Wrote:
(08-23-2014, 06:02 AM)Route67 Wrote: Was diagnosed with OSA in June of 2012.

Got my Resmed CPAP machine in August and same as the majority of us had a hard time getting used to the mask and sleeping with it was difficult. I solved that problem by October or November of 2012 and have been using it faithfully ever since.

I am nowhere. Still waking 3 or 4 times a night to void. Still feeling like complete garbage during the day, including today; woke up at 6am after 3 voids and going to bed at midnight. I would absolutely love to get a solid 8 or 9 hours; I have had a handful in 2 years but that's it.

I go to bed every night saying to myself "maybe tonight will be the night" but it never is. The bed is my enemy and has been for more than three years now.

Yes, I have a sleep doctor, since summer of 2012; he told me 10 months ago that I was "cured" as long as I wear my mask to bed, based on the readings from the media card which slides into the back of my machine. Sent me to a urologist, my 3rd in three years; he sent me back to the sleep clinic after voluminous testing found nothing wrong with my prostate or kidneys. I have also seen a Nephrologist, a doctor who only works on kidneys, but he also said I was fine after equally-thorough testing.

It's impossible to ever get into stage 4 sleep if you have to wake every 2 hours or less to void. I do not drink coffee or tea, never have, and do not drink any type of alcohol. I keep my daily intake of soda and even water down to a very low level, perhaps dangerously low, because I so dread those multiple trips to the toilet during the overnight hours. Nothing helps.

I am going insane and feel like total crap every day, including right now. I am seeing a new sleep doctor on September 2nd, hoping for some kind of help. I have tried adjusting the settings on my machine but nothing ever works; I will ask her to set it at the highest possible levels, because despite the fact that everyone tells me I am fine I haven't had a really good night's sleep for multiple nights since 2010 or so.

Considering spending 1000 dollars for one of those dental mouthpieces, heck I would pay 5000 if I thought it would work. I wear the mask VERY faithfully but have gotten nowhere. Anyone else here have the same problem?

I seriously think you need to loose weight and you will see major improvements in your health and well being

Gee, you think? I would politely point out that by the time most people get to a forum like this, they are usually aware of what is needed in their life to create overall improvements.

However, as it has been stated, both here and elsewhere, very rarely does weight loss create any improvement in OSA, and if it does, it almost never creates the ability to go off the CPAP machine.

Personally, while I am still "morbidly obese", I have lost roughly 80-90 pounds, with zero change as far as CPAP, OSA are concerned.

We are here to help folks, and possible button-pushing does not help. Speaking for myself only, I feel your post to be both out of context, out of line, and not a help to the OP.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 79 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,582 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.