Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP score
CPAP score
I have to thank those who have helped me on this forum, but I have another question. If the whole point of using a CPAP machine is to keep you from having apnea, why is it that if my data shows that I had less than 1 event per hour, down from 15, my score is only 77-93? If I'm basically having NO events, shouldn't it be like 99-100??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP score
The correct answer is do not rely on MyAir for a quantitative evaluation of your therapy. MyAir scores as follows
70 usage hours
20 mask seal
5 events per hour
5 mask on/off
100 possible (Scroll down below the score to see the breakdown.)

With that scoring system, events per hour has very little influence (5% ) over your score compared to usage hours, leaks, and therapy breaks.

Use #Sleepyhead and you can see what is really going on, but how you feel is the best scoring tool.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Thanks, I am one of those annoying people who did great from night 1. It has given me more energy and a lower coffee expenditure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome.

I do recommend that you periodically post your typical (and any showing issues you perceive) daily charts and we can provide an affirmation that you are doing well and even perhaps suggestions for further improvement.

Download Sleepyhead to do this.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have significant leaks, your AHI is likely under-calculated. Significant leaks might account for your failure to score an A+. They also would be something to be concerned about, since your treatment won't be working effectively.

I recommend using SleepyHead instead of myAir. myAir is really for compliance purposes (thus the distribution of points); it really isn't helpful for actually trying to understand your sleep and whether your treatment is working.

Get your full leak info from SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2017, 09:38 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The correct answer is do not rely on MyAir for a quantitative evaluation of your therapy.  MyAir scores as follows
70 usage hours
20 mask seal
5 events per hour
5 mask on/off
100 possible  (Scroll down below the score to see the breakdown.)

With that scoring system, events per hour has very little influence (5% ) over your score compared to usage hours, leaks, and therapy breaks.
This.
I don't look so much at the total score, but I look at the individuals if I haven't had a chance to look at the download.

I do agree that usage hours is important...  People in general do not get enough sleep, and even I rarely hit 70 on a work night.
Mask on-off is the one that always P*ssed me off.   Sometimes I'll have a major leakage issue into my eyes shortly after laying down and I'll need to remove and re-seat the mask.   This wasn't a break in therapy, but I get dinged same as if I got up to use the restroom or removed my mask in my sleep.   Mask removal can be an indication of a problem, but it is certainly less of a problem than a high AHI.   
I honestly don't know what AHI it takes to knock you down from the "5".
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lövenstein prisma 25 ST low AHI score aergun 1 300 01-11-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,215 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  What is your Mallampati Score? Are your tongue and palate causing your apnea? selfhelpdevice 0 309 12-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: selfhelpdevice
  [Equipment] OSCAR Question: AHI Score from Wellue ring not showing phoenixsaga 10 1,167 09-12-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [UARS/Mild SA] Nearly perfect OSCAR score but still waking up exhausted SteveIsTired22 4 925 11-06-2022, 07:38 PM
Last Post: SteveIsTired22
  Change mask to improve ahi score silverdr 4 744 09-04-2022, 07:16 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Need help for improving score DackJaniels 1 464 08-17-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.