Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP setting feels different on Resmed Vauto vs Elite 10
CPAP setting feels different on Resmed Vauto vs Elite 10
I don't know if it's me, but having tried both CPAP machine and the Vauto, for some reason, the Vauto for the resmed when the setting is set to CPAP feels significantly better than on the Resmed airsense Elite  10 machine despite both being on the exact same setting. The Resmed Airsense Elite 10 machine makes me feels like I am choking, whereas the VAuto feels more gentle to the face. This either with the EPR off or on. 

Is this a design flaw or intentional? I mean, the Elite sense 10 feels like it just shoves air down the throat but the vauto feels way more comfortable at the same setting.

THe elite sense 10 is new and is fully working after getting it tested.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP setting feels different on Resmed Vauto vs Elite 10
The VAuto and the AutoSet feels the same to me.
Maybe one of the less obvious settings such as the tube type or the AB filter is different between the machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2017, 03:49 PM)yrnkrn Wrote: The VAuto and the AutoSet feels the same to me.
Maybe one of the less obvious settings such as the tube type or the AB filter is different between the machines?

Nope. I swapped the tubbing and the humdifier. Both feel different. I even sync the ramp time up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe use a homemade manometer to measure the pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
Same mask? Same mask setting? Same Hose length?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2017, 04:27 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Same mask?  Same mask setting? Same Hose length?

Yup. Infact, I can tolerate a much higher pressure with the vauto. I have set both to 20 and the vauto I am breath in 20 and breath out too. Like I said, I have both machines. I am using the same mask, same tube and same settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also I noticed that EPR is really crap on the elite . It feels like choking in the back of my throat. Whether it's off or on. I really prefer the PS on the bilevel machine because I can set by decimal points. Much easier to breathe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Elite and Autoset S10 are different. At some point you gotta ask yourself $800 vs $1000. There must be some difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2017, 02:06 PM)crowtor Wrote: Elite and Autoset S10 are different. At some point you gotta ask yourself $800 vs $1000. There must be some difference.

This is the not the auto set I have anymore. I should really update my profile. It is now the vauto which is the bilevel machine and the other is the S10 elite. The bilevel when set to S setting is signficantly easier to breathe than the dreaded elite. The stupid doctors here wouldn't give it to me so I went ahead and bought it online. I bought it cheaper too.
Post Reply Post Reply
The s mode does a lot more than just different inhale exhale pressure. I think this is what you are noticing. The Ti/rise time/trigger/cycle
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 23 442 13 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 153 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.