Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

RE: side effects
(08-12-2015 11:06 AM)iSteph Wrote:  Been using a CPAP machine for a month and a half... It went well. But lately I am getting a big case of AEROPHAGIA. I wake up and my belly feels overinflated like a basketball full of air. It is actually hard to bend down because of this air.

You should create a new thread, iSteph - so that people can help you better and are more likely to see what you posted. Aerophagia can be a big issue especially for new cpap'ers

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
08-12-2015 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

I've been doing it wrong.... (nasal spray) this is a good article on how it works!
http://www.fauquierent.net/etd2.htm

Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

08-12-2015 01:14 PM
OpineCone Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Auto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10 Large
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11 - 17
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Mask straps spread widely to fit large head, worn under PureSom Ruby chinstrap for stability

Sex: Male

(08-11-2015 01:31 PM)MsFigg Wrote:  Have been using nasal mask for about 3 months. I have noticed some dizziness when turning in bed or getting up. Also a change in bowel and bladder habits. Has the cpap anything to do with this?

Hi, MsFigg:

It might be helpful if you describe your dizziness experiences in more detail. The word dizzy is often used to describe a rotating sensation, with either your head or the room starting to spin. That is called vertigo. Other sensations such as light-headedness, imbalance or tilting are not vertigo but may still be described as dizziness. The distinction is important as vertigo and nonvertigo dizziness tend to have entirely different causes and treatments.

As for cpap potentially causing changes in bowel and bladder habits, from my own experience I would say yes to both and to a lot of other changes as well. Before cpap your body may have needed to work pretty hard every night just to survive. With cpap, your nighttime blood oxygen levels are likely significantly higher and your breathing effort a lot less. Also, you are probably achieving a lot more rem-stage sleep which is important for restorative processes in your body. It would be remarkable if you did not notice some changes from all that.

However, you would be well advised to tell your primary care doctor about changes in bowel and bladder habits, etc., because there may be various things that need to be checked.
08-16-2015 11:06 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Side Effects Tom Whit 4 406 10-24-2016 08:08 PM
Last Post: NorthernGuy
  AHI, leaks, sleeping on your side or back jxyzobrien 2 484 08-18-2016 05:20 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  One week on CPAP-FFM 7 hrs a night-side sleeping-lower AHI, thanks to Apnea Board! Kris the Crone 13 1,113 06-17-2016 11:56 AM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
  side sleeper huge leaks videoman 10 956 06-09-2016 01:31 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  any side sleepers with full face mask bigcat 13 1,129 05-20-2016 10:22 AM
Last Post: bigcat
  What's an estimated time to feel the effects iloveoliver 34 1,968 04-12-2016 08:34 PM
Last Post: Luvmyzzz
  Side sleeping position 12344321 10 1,123 03-28-2016 06:53 PM
Last Post: 12344321