Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] sleep head chart
Video 
sleep head chart
i am looking for feed back on my sleep chart
thoughts , comments suggestions
(01-09-2014, 04:34 PM)WOGDOG Wrote: i am looking for feed back on my sleep chart
thoughts , comments suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleep head chart
The thing that jumps out most immediately to me is the data indicates you are inconsistent in using your PAP machine.

You've failed to get 4 hours or more of therapy in on 20 of the 70 days period for the summary data. In other words for almost 30% of the nights, there's little or no PAP usage. Of the 50 days where you did use the machine more than 4 hours, the total usage time looks to be ok, but the Session data shows a lot of broken sleep---i.e. you're turning the machine off and on a lot during your "sleep window" AND on many days there are long gaps between the sessions where you're either sleeping without the machine or you're not in bed.

When you do use the machine, the OSA appears to be well controlled since the long term AHI is 1.83. But there's more to getting quality sleep than just a low AHI.

The leak data is not shown, so we have no idea if leaks are a problem or not.

My guess is that you're still not feeling any less sleepy during the daytime. Or you're feeling worse with APAP than you felt before starting PAP therapy. But the problem is not that your OSA is not well controlled; the problem is you're not sleeping consistently with the machine all night long, every time you sleep according to this data. And until you start using the machine all night, every night, you're not likely to feel much different.

So the question then becomes: What issues are you having that keep you from using the machine all night long, every night? Why is your sleep so fragmented in the first place? Are you a shift worker sleeping in the daytime? And do you regularly get less than 4 hours of total sleep time?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2014, 04:55 PM)robysue Wrote: The thing that jumps out most immediately to me is the data indicates you are inconsistent in using your PAP machine.

You've failed to get 4 hours or more of therapy in on 20 of the 70 days period for the summary data. In other words for almost 30% of the nights, there's little or no PAP usage. Of the 50 days where you did use the machine more than 4 hours, the total usage time looks to be ok, but the Session data shows a lot of broken sleep---i.e. you're turning the machine off and on a lot during your "sleep window" AND on many days there are long gaps between the sessions where you're either sleeping without the machine or you're not in bed.

When you do use the machine, the OSA appears to be well controlled since the long term AHI is 1.83. But there's more to getting quality sleep than just a low AHI.

The leak data is not shown, so we have no idea if leaks are a problem or not.

My guess is that you're still not feeling any less sleepy during the daytime. Or you're feeling worse with APAP than you felt before starting PAP therapy. But the problem is not that your OSA is not well controlled; the problem is you're not sleeping consistently with the machine all night long, every time you sleep according to this data. And until you start using the machine all night, every night, you're not likely to feel much different.

So the question then becomes: What issues are you having that keep you from using the machine all night long, every night? Why is your sleep so fragmented in the first place? Are you a shift worker sleeping in the daytime? And do you regularly get less than 4 hours of total sleep time?
Thanks for the reply Robysue,
first i am a night shift worker i work a 12 hour shift from midnight to noon. i have a shift that has me work 4 days one week and three days the next week. i also have kids with a very active after school life which makes me commit to having two of my work days each month where i get home and take a nap get up do the parent thing and try to get a couple more hours sleep before i head off to work. i will post my leak chart later today for the same time frame
Post Reply Post Reply
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e50kms9n2qpebpu/8trwuPprxv
here is a link to my sleepyhead charts most current info.
please reply with any feedback. it seems i don't have enough space to upload two charts
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2014, 12:29 PM)WOGDOG Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e50kms9n2qpebpu/8trwuPprxv
here is a link to my sleepyhead charts most current info.
please reply with any feedback. it seems i don't have enough space to upload two charts

Best I can tell, it looks like recently you have a lot of leaks and leaks higher than is recommended. The chart is small so I did the best I could to tell. Looks like you are snoring some too but I couldn't see the numbers and I am not sure what the acceptable range for snoring is.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 237 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 505 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,418 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.