Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Masks and Supplies
New Masks and Supplies
ALoha All,

Been way to long but I am back. Can someone guide me as to what's the best mask for a mouth breather. I have some older mask that are full face that cover my nose and mouth . I wake up with such dry mouth it drives me crazy.

Who these days is the best for healthcare supplies and masks. I used Apria but it's been a few years. Dont know if there is a new kid on the block that you guys like.

I have Blue Cross as my insurance.

Any suggestions would be great.

Nice to be back.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Masks and Supplies
This thread will likely get moved since it isn't a review thread.

However, in this part of the forum, check out the reviews of the Resmed F30 and F30i. Both are full face, but cradle under the nose rather than sit on the nose bridge. The F30i has the hose on top with tubes that feed the air down to the mask like the Dreamwear series. The F30 is more conventional with the hose arrangement. I prefer the F30i for the hose arrangement, but the F30 has a better/quieter vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I swap back & forth between the AirFit F20 and F30. Both seem to serve me well. I do like the F30 though, as it allows me to rub my nose if it happens to itch during the night. 

Nothing worse than having your nose itch and you can't get to it. I get my CPAP supplies form Rotech out of Florida. I've been using them since having started SA Therapy. 

I do have a local DME supplier (Allcare), but for whatever reason, they have me deal with Rotech. They have a chat option that works out very well. If I have a question, all I have to do is log-on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve worn a FFM forever. I wear an F20 which is a more traditional FFM.

But here is my take... most FFM blow air in the direction of your mouth. If you breathe primarily through your mouth, this type mask probably won’t be any different than what you have. Except for some minor design tweaks, no forehead support, it really hasn’t changed a lot over the years.

The F30, F30i, and DreamWear masks are more of a hybrid of a nasal mask and a section that covers the mouth. As such it directs the air primarily up the nose. While you can still mouth breathe, the amount of air might be less and hopefully your mouth will not be as dry.

I titrated with one but never cared for the air being directed up my nose. But one of those might be worth a try.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 376 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 410 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.