Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP software
CPAP software
I realize I'm cheating by not fully doing a search. However,..........

Is there a free software for Mac's? I've already downloaded SleepHead which is free, but don't understand what the data is telling me?

I use ResMed S9 AutoSet, S9 H5i Heated Humidifier with Climate Control, with a Swift FX Nasal Pillows with headgear. Currently I only understand the readout on the machine which give hours used for the night, mask fit, and AHI. Don't fully understand the AHI reading though.

I know that I have leaks, as I move around a lot each night. I'm a side sleeper, and usually sleep on right side, and no I can't tolerate a FFM.

apw
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP software
Here is a link and it shows both Windows and Mac.

sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sleepyhead/index.php?title=Main_Page

I just installed the Windows version.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead's about it unless you want to go down the Bootcamp and/or virtualisation route with something like Fusion or Parallels and install ResScan.

For your Resmed S9 24L/min is what you want to try and keep below. If you're below that and any leaks you're having don't disrupt your sleep, then leaks aren't an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the SleepyHead user's guide:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...sers_Guide

Here is info on acronyms/abbreviations:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Here is a glossary of terms:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...e=Glossary
and another:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glossary

View the data for at least 10 days, preferably much longer while you figure out what you are seeing. No two nights are the same so you are looking for trends, what is normal and average for you. Meanwhile, feel free to ask questions about what you are seeing and what it all means. You can also post screenshots of your data.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 01:13 PM)apw5746 Wrote: Currently I only understand the readout on the machine which give hours used for the night, mask fit, and AHI. Don't fully understand the AHI reading though.
AHI is the number of events scored per hour during sleep which include obstructive apnea, hypopnea and central apnea. AHI of 5 or below considered normal while using the machine
The advanced info menu sleep report (press and hold the two silver button for 3 sec) gives you more information including 95th percentile pressure (if using autoset mode) and 95th percentile unintentional leak ... don,t be alarmed if you see this number above 24, only means that leak was at or below this number for 95% of the time ... the below bit is important, you need to check out the leak graph for better understanding
Good mask fit means 70th percentile leak is less than 24 L/m

Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't understand what Sleepyhead is telling you, chances are, you're not going to understand what any other program is telling you. If you have specific questions about data, this is a great place to ask.

What information are you looking for that you aren't getting on the machine readout?

AHI is fairly easy to explain. It stands for Apnea/Hypopnea Index. It's the average number of apnea and hypopnea events you had per hour for the entire night. The machine adds up all the apneas and hypopneas you had all night and divides it by the number of hours that you slept.

AHI is a measure of the severity of sleep apnea. An AHI of 5-15 indicates mild sleep apnea, 15 - 30 indicates moderate sleep apnea, and 30+ is severe sleep apnea. The lower your number is the better.

Hope this helps,
SSA

(01-19-2014, 01:13 PM)apw5746 Wrote: I realize I'm cheating by not fully doing a search. However,..........

Is there a free software for Mac's? I've already downloaded SleepHead which is free, but don't understand what the data is telling me?

I use ResMed S9 AutoSet, S9 H5i Heated Humidifier with Climate Control, with a Swift FX Nasal Pillows with headgear. Currently I only understand the readout on the machine which give hours used for the night, mask fit, and AHI. Don't fully understand the AHI reading though.

I know that I have leaks, as I move around a lot each night. I'm a side sleeper, and usually sleep on right side, and no I can't tolerate a FFM.

apw

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,125 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 586 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,082 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 644 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,198 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.