Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] stanleyjack cpap progress thread
RE: stanleyjack cpap progress thread
EDIT: Please see previous summary on (last on page 5) which has the main details.

Can't seem to add a third attachment, so will do so here. My time at pressure is quite interesting (I think)?

When I go into my most result session of the night, it appears quite low

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Update from me, still trying to dial the mask comfort in and at this stage make it through a whole night, which I am close to doing now.

I have been running at the default settings for a while now, so figured I would switch things up to see what transpires.

Last night I reduced EPAP and PS max, as I often find myself overwhelmed by the pressures. This resulted in some hypopnea, so I obviously cut to much. I will raise the max from 8 to 10 and drop the PS min a little. Happy for the advice of those more experienced here though

Post Reply Post Reply
I really don't know how to interpret the time at pressure graph for an ASV user, obviously a long tail on that distribution. The red-line (EPAP) is low and the use of peak pressure support is relatively brief. I'm glad you got the right therapy and the mask has improved comfort. I have previously suggested Flonase ans an alternative decongestant that does not cause tolerance, however it doesn't have the "punch" of the more powerful decongestants.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checking in.

Things are improving.

Last night I had the most uninterrupted sleep I have had for a long time. I never got up to use the toilet all night, which has not happened for a very long time.

I woke up at one point with a mouth as dry as a desert, took my mask off and had a drink of water. Interesting thing is I mouth tape? Maybe I need to look into this again, I use the TheLankyLefty method off YouTube (tape over the whole mouth, with a small slit in the middle).

I seem to be getting a few leaks still, but I already have my mask fairly clamped down. I am using the DreamWear nasal mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
Are there leaks a concern? 

Right now I have the DreamWear nasal mask with the silicon plugs that sit inside the nostrils. Its the best mask I have tried and its that good that sometimes I might wake up and forget I even have it on and need to pat my head to check. Right now its not exactly loose, I have tried to strap it down so that its snug, but not pulling into my face too much.

Perhaps the other aspect is this is my mouth leaking? I am waking up with a super dry mouth sometimes.

My sleep however is pretty good. I felt like I slept most of the night, just getting up once to use the toilet.

Post Reply Post Reply
Great looking results Stanleyjack. I haven't checked in for a while but it seems you are really getting there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, very grateful you pointed me towards an ASV! Sincere thanks.

I am doing really well. So well in fact, I just don't feel the need to even look at my OSCAR anymore. Most nights I sleep the entire night through, without the need to urinate at all. This for me is so nice, as I used to have to get up 3-5 times a night and dribble into the toilet. I often wake up now and think to myself "I could just stay here and snooze", there is no need to go and empty my bladder. This also plays out during the day, my wife and kids would often poke fun at me as I was always grabbing every opportunity to take a leak when we would go out for the day.

I still have the old ResMed S9, but I have now purchased the newer AirCurve S10 ASV which I got delivered to a friend in the US. He will bring it over in his luggage.

One thing, does anyone know if the water tank and climate hose from the Airsense S10 autoset, will work in the AirCurve S10 ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
The water chamber and ClimateLineAir heated tubing are compatible with both the ResMed AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10. 

Glad you're sleeping better and have resolved your nocturia. Nocturia is a problem for me now (four to five times a night).

You still have your ASV settings at EPAP 4/7 and PS 2/7?
Post Reply Post Reply
StanleyJack, getting the S9 VPAP Adapt is a low-risk way of determining whether ASV will resolve your needs. Upgrading to the new machine means you will continue to have a backup if you ever need it. I hope eventually the NHS will meet your needs, but in the meanwhile, you are a great example of someone that made the investment in his health and well-being, insurance be damned.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,064 3 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,637 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 582 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 821 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,381 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,773 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.