Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] still very tired and don't know what to do
RE: still very tired and don't know what to do
(10-09-2016, 11:56 AM)rkl122 Wrote: Now I'm worried - I couldn't do 30 mins zumba if my life depended on it.... kidding! (About the worry. I'm 6'2", almost twice your weight, and with minute ventilation almost twice yours. Probably much older also Smile )

I meant my post to be reassuring. In fact, after more reading, other things being equal, lowering of minute ventilation could be a sign of improved physical shape, since it would indicate that less oxygen is needed for normal function. In general, normal ventilation in a healthy individual is a function of height, weight, gender, metabolism rate, etc.

Of course, nothing said here is medical advice. You may wish to mention your tidal volume and respiration rate - which together determine the minute ventilation - to the sleepdoc. If you do, be aware that SleepyHead permits a three way toggle between the median, average, and weighted average of those (and other) values. In the preferences dialog, under the CPAP tab, use the "Middle Calculations" control in the lower right frame. Changing the parameter there does not alter the underlying data, and you can toggle back and forth. Unfortunately, the statistics table doesn't average those particular measures, so you may want to gather the data for a few nights and average them yourself.

-Ron

Whew! I scrolled back and my Tidal Volume when sleeping is pretty low, usually under 300, but I have an appointment in three weeks for my annual cardiac stress test, so I'll just show the Sleepyhead data to the doctor. BTW, I had a record breaking night last night. AHI was ZERO, so this flashing yellow smiley face came up on the Sleepyhead.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 24 1 hour ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 180 10 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.