Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] still very tired and don't know what to do
still very tired and don't know what to do
Hi
I've been on cpap therapy for about 4 years or so now.
I am still waking a lot during the night and feel very tired during the day.
Lately it has gotten worse but I cannot figure out why.
Doctor is trying me on some sleep pills and melatonin for the last week and half but I don't feel any different.
attached are my graphs.
I use a ResMed S9 AutoSet and a resmed airfit P10 nasal pillow mask.

Last time I used sleepyhead the sdcard was reformatted when I inserted it back in the resmed machine which is why I think there is a gap in some of the graphs.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: still very tired and don't know what to do
Hi miasham and Welcome to Apnea Board!

The biggest thing I see is the large leak rate. This could be from an ill fitting mask, or you are simply mouth breathing. This could be keeping you from getting restful sleep.

There are many other reasons for not getting a good nights sleep, especially if you have any medical issues not related to Cpap. Are you on any new medications?

I am attaching a couple links to help you in posting some data. If we can see your detail data and the actual graphs, we can better advise.

You will need at least 4 posts to upload data to us, but until then, study these links so you can send the most useful data.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Screenshot
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Smile
My message count must have been reset as I've not posted here for a few years Smile
Will update some images shortly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi mlasham,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and good luck too you as you continue your CPAP therapy and gett it fine-tuned to better meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
What happened September 1? It looks like you changed pressure settings drastically. You went from fixed pressure about 8.0 to variable pressure, and it blew up your AHI.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2867]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, here is some more data from today and I will also add some from a few days ago.

[Image: KUDZ2fw.png]

older:

[Image: eOkTNJn.png]

and another:

[Image: tSOPR03.png]

and another without flow rate as resmed does not keep it apparently:
[Image: h7lXPtI.png]
nothing changed in September that I can think of.
I will have to check the machine to see if the settings have changed or something - we've had a few power cuts and flickers over the last couple of months.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked the machine and it all is still set correctly.
The date the pressure went up is when I had a bad cold - and I've been feeling super tired ever since then. Been over the cold for a few weeks now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Weird, still high pressure last night but don't know why. When I went to bed mask fit felt really good.

[Image: QqUyEbx.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Miasham, show me a graph from August. I just want to compare settings. You have developed open mouth syndrome. Those flat-topped leaks around 34 LPM are not from the mask slipping or adjustments, the spikes are. Your AHI is predominately CA, and higher pressure is not going to fix it. Just for the heck of it, try setting your minimum pressure at 8.0 and maximum pressure at 8.0. That's right, CPAP. Let's see what happens.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Miasham, looking at your daily leak rate graphs I see the leak rate going up and down a lot, with extended periods of time where it's high. This looks to me like mouth leaking. Try a chin strap, and if that's not working switch to a full face mask.

Leak rates like you have will ruin your sleep and cause you to feel tired during the day. The leaks compromise the therapy and cause sleep disturbances. I had the same issues and a full face mask worked very well for me. I still wake during the night but not as much. And I have a lot more days where I feel rested.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 5 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 254 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 251 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.