Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] still very tired and don't know what to do
RE: still very tired and don't know what to do
Thanks, I have a chin strap which I've not used for awhile so will give it another go.
In the past it did not feel like it helped.
Also going to try lanolin again too.

I've not found a FFM I can sleep with yet (though not tried now for several years). I always get an itch or a leak into my eye or something in the past. Reading about FFM it seems very common.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2016, 09:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Miasham, show me a graph from August. I just want to compare settings. You have developed open mouth syndrome. Those flat-topped leaks around 34 LPM are not from the mask slipping or adjustments, the spikes are. Your AHI is predominately CA, and higher pressure is not going to fix it. Just for the heck of it, try setting your minimum pressure at 8.0 and maximum pressure at 8.0. That's right, CPAP. Let's see what happens.

[Image: t4nrFoh.png]

Its from June because when I updated sleepyhead in June the sdcard was reformatted when I put it back in the ResMed and now it formats every time I stick it back in the machine too.

will also try changing machine to 8/8 as you suggest

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I was mostly interested to see if there had been a setting change, but it's the same as what you've been using. It will be interesting to see if a fixed low pressure helps. I think the leaks are your biggest challenge, and the reason the machine increases pressure. The leaks have been there for a while from what I can see, and you may need to consider a FFM. I think your CA is a result of sleep disruption from the leaks. It can't be very restful with all those leaks occurring, and no doubt you have a dry uncomfortable mouth.

The machine should not be reformatting the card on each use. Do you lock the SD card before putting it into the computer to read? It could be the machine sees index files installed by your computer and that triggers a reformat. If you lock the card before reading it, that should prevent it from being altered. Must be unlocked before installing it in the CPAP.

I don't know if fixed pressure will help, but if you see a significant increase in OA, then either pressure needs to increase, or return to current settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
just a side note that surprised me, the lock on SD cards only works if the software driver handles it. It is not a physical disconnect, it's only a status to be checked.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have the p10 nasal pillow mask and looking at your leak graph I noticed your leak rate never gets down to zero. My first mask, the leak rate started at 2 awake or sleeping. Once I got my first replacement, my leak rate stayed at zero until I had a true unintentional leak. This may not be anything, but my 90% pressure has come down, and sleep quality has improved.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
So last night I went to bed with a washed and dried head strap, cleaned nasal pillows, lanolin in my nostrils, chin strap and reduced fixed pressure of 8.
I felt like I was awake most of the night, so at 4:30 I switch back to APAP original settings.

Still lots of leaks it seems.

[Image: Yld7xVg.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2016, 02:04 PM)mlasham Wrote: Still lots of leaks it seems.

Yup. I also dreaded a full face mask because my first experience was with a nasal mask and it didn't go well. I much preferred nasal pillows. But a couple years later I tried a full face mask and to my surprise it went well. I've never looked back!

Plus, mask technology has advanced in recent years so full face masks are now more comfortable.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leak rate was decent, no events on CPAP. What do you think caused you not to sleep well?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2016, 04:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leak rate was decent, no events on CPAP. What do you think caused you not to sleep well?

Million dollar question Smile
Perhaps pizza for dinner.
Or just over thinking about the cpap changes I'd made perhaps.

thanks for your help will try again tonight Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2016, 04:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leak rate was decent, no events on CPAP. What do you think caused you not to sleep well?

In my opinion, there's a very good chance it's the leaks. I realize the leak rate is below the threshold of unacceptable, but when I see a leak rate rate bouncing up and down like that, I take it as a sign of mouth-leaking. And that can, in my experience, ruin a good night's sleep.

A full face mask is at least worth a try. Often it's the simple things that work best.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 157 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 244 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 515 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 312 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,469 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 290 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 200 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.