Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] stuggling
Surprised 
stuggling
I have been on cpap for 7 months now.  I use a transend auto and I seem to be getting worse.  I only sleep for 30 minutes to 2 hours at a time for some reason.  I am exhausted and am waking up in general pain.  My athletic performance is down.  I have slept like the dead all my life.  I am also in menopause.  My leak rate is good and I think my nasal pillows are helping.  NO more high blood pressure of waking with my heart thumping.  Any one else have the troubles I'm having?  I was not diagnosed with a sleep study just an oxygen saturation test. I'm 5'2" and 149 lbs 
Average Leak: 9.95 (L/min)
Median Leak: 9.00 (L/min)
90 Percentile Leak: 13.00 (L/min)
95 Percentile Leak: 15.00 (L/min)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: stuggling
Menopause can certainly cause such problems, but the fact that you are waking up in pain may indicate something else is going on that has nothing to do with sleep apnea. My suggestion is to see your doctor and maybe get referred to a rheumatologist. Made a HUGE difference for my Mom because it turned out she had a muscle infection. She really resisted going to the doctor fearing a much worse problem, but nope.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Tina

I slept like that for years, started cpap and it raised my oxygen level some. Had surgery to remove some of the parts that were causing the worst pain and reduced the pain drugs. After healing for 4 months I began to see my sleep time improve. I should have addressed the pain sooner.

Can you download Sleepyhead and try it. It will tell you much more information.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2017, 12:11 PM)Tina Hill Wrote: I have been on cpap for 7 months now.  I use a transend auto and I seem to be getting worse.  I only sleep for 30 minutes to 2 hours at a time for some reason.  I am exhausted and am waking up in general pain.  My athletic performance is down.  I have slept like the dead all my life.  I am also in menopause.  My leak rate is good and I think my nasal pillows are helping.  NO more high blood pressure of waking with my heart thumping.  Any one else have the troubles I'm having?  I was not diagnosed with a sleep study just an oxygen saturation test. I'm 5'2" and 149 lbs 
Average Leak: 9.95 (L/min)
Median Leak: 9.00 (L/min)
90 Percentile Leak: 13.00 (L/min)
95 Percentile Leak: 15.00 (L/min)
 I can't help with waking up with pain, because I have some of the same issues which I am in the process of trying to narrow down why.
Your leak rates look fine, but I see your using the default pressure setting of 4-20.  A minimum pressure of 4 can cause you to feel air starved.  Although you don't mention this, you may feel more comfy by upping the minimum pressure to 6cm. 
What is your AHI reading?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tina Hill,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should talk to your doc about the problems you are having.
I'm not sure if #sleepyhead will work with your machine, I think you can get data-management software for your brand of machine but hang in there for more ideas, 2 heads are better than one.
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tina...
Do you have any restless leg syndrome symptoms? 
Iron deficiency is one of the factors with this. My wife suffers bad from this and it is terrible. She seldom can get a complete night of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your input.  I have gotten most of my symptoms resolved with my menopause under control.  My API is 1.0 to 2.2
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.