Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] sudden jump in the number of events
sudden jump in the number of events
I have been using the ResMed AirSense 10 for several years. I usually had a small number of events (1-5) and yesterday I even had 44. Does this mean that my health is bad, or the CPAP after a few years of use can work badly? For example, the mask loosened and does not stick perfectly to my nose ... Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sudden jump in the number of events
I would avoid jumping to conclusions on the basis of a single night. If you are looking at the screen data for 1-day or #Sleepyhead software, what kind of events increased? How did you objectively feel in the morning before you saw the increase in events. Double check the connections for leaks and especially be sure the humidifier is properly connected.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The mask adheres to my face, because the tapes have worn out. 
Maybe this is the reason?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had the exact same thing happen.... Ive only been using it for a month or so now, but up until now, I think the highest one I had was 1.4.. Lots of 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, etc. 2 nights ago I changed my humidity settings from 2 with no heat to auto with 27 C heat... The first night I had 3.5 and last night it was 15!

I am sure this has nothing to do with anything, and I am investigating what is going on... Looks like most of the events were OA..... Mask leak was below 4 l/min... I slept pretty solid all night, and woke up feeling OK.

Its a brand new machine (a week old) along with mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 45 8 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,346 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 106 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 221 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 125 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 115 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.