Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP supplier for Healthfirst Medicaid?
CPAP supplier for Healthfirst Medicaid?
Hi

Can anyone recommend a CPAP supplier that accepts Healthfirst NY Medicaid (or any NYC-area Medicaid plan)?

I currently use Apria, and while they offer the connivence of placing an order every 3 months via the phone and free delivery, they are alway delays, mistakes & problems with my correct, or with managing my authorizations from insurance. Their "customer service" is outsourced and they can't barely answer basic questions.  

Unfortunately my insurance plan is not helpful - their phone "customer service" can only answer basic questions and all they do is join tot me to their website to search. Searching for cpap, durable medical supplies, DME etc yields no results.

Their DME providers are sub-managed by Interega Partners LLC, who do not respond to my voicemail or emails.

Thanks for any info anyone can offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP supplier for Healthfirst Medicaid?
When I had Medicaid in Pennsylvania while waiting for Disability to get approved, I was told to look for the national DME's, Apria, Lincare, and Rotech. My Medicaid was UnitedHealthCare if that helps. If Apria isn't cutting it, try one of those others. Search their websites and see if you can find locations convenient to you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you use Supplier #1 ? Do they accept Healthfirst Medicaid?

Note - at the head of this web page is a link to several suppliers. If not #1 (who is the sponsor of this board), perhaps another.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2022, 09:24 PM)clownbell Wrote: . . . (who is the sponsor of this board)

That is incorrect! You are confusing this board website with another one. Other than member donations, there are NO other sponsors of the Apnea Board.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, AdaptHealth takes it. I imagine you have to have a doctor give them the prescription, etc. Once you get set up with them, they will contact you when you are due for supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ Crimson Nape - I apologize for the error. I actually thought that Supplier #1 was the host., although I did make a menber contribution. Thanks for the correction.

To the OP - The original point of my prior post remains the same. How about asking other DMEs to see whether they accept Healthfirst Medicaid?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for these suggestions  

I will have a look and check if they take my insurance 

Thanks

(01-17-2022, 08:12 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: When I had Medicaid in Pennsylvania while waiting for Disability to get approved, I was told to look for the national DME's, Apria, Lincare, and Rotech. My Medicaid was UnitedHealthCare if that helps. If Apria isn't cutting it, try one of those others. Search their websites and see if you can find locations convenient to you.

(01-17-2022, 10:33 PM)DJCpap Wrote: Yes, AdaptHealth takes it. I imagine you have to have a doctor give them the prescription, etc. Once you get set up with them, they will contact you when you are due for supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
You said. “ Their "customer service" is outsourced and they can't barely answer basic questions. ”

What type of question do you have?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 169 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 516 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss
  [CPAP] Medicare with Medicaid insurance question TypicalLeo 3 741 10-31-2022, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Insurance and DME supplier vs Online purchases ajthatch 4 829 10-28-2022, 09:00 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Cpap supplier jerking your chain ger365 10 1,346 06-21-2022, 10:01 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Supplier no. 9? And Resmed hose question TheManseHen 5 931 04-22-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SilverD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.