Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP supplies
CPAP supplies
Hi everyone -

Anyone have a good company that does CPAP supplies via mail order and through insurance ? I'm getting frustrated with my current one and want to switch.

Thanks !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP supplies
At the top of the page is a link to the Supplier's List. Check those out. I personally got a backup machine from Supplier #2 and get my supplies from #26. Many people use Supplier #1.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the online providers do not work with insurance. What they will do is give you an invoice that you can send to your insurance company for reimbursement. Contact your insurance company to find out if they will do this.  That would be the best of all worlds. If they do not, then you have to work with the insurance company to find out which DMEs are in-network.  Otherwise, you need to just pay for it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect the DME must provide a walk-in mask-fitting service for the patient. They make most of their money from insurance companies by selling CPAP machines to patients. But to make that money they have to agree to provide other services, including selling supplies. They make a b*tt load of money on supplies, but still, it's nothing compared to what they make on sales of CPAP machines.

The regulations are set so that the big insurance companies can continue to maintain their hefty profits.

And voters keep going along with it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you called your insurance company to find out if they will allow you to use an online DME? My insurance will not allow it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 376 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,576 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 524 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.