Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP supplies
CPAP supplies
I'm not nearly as user compliant as I was when I started out. Been slipping little by little as the months go by. I was kind of concerned about not meeting my minimal usage requirements, and then having Medicare step in and say........No more supplies for you.  Oh-jeez

But, that hasn't happened so far. I just got an email message from my DME supplier that my new supplies shipped out today. Not sure at what point someone takes notice and then puts me on notice. But, up to and until then, I'll do my best to be more user compliant.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP supplies
I've come to believe that once you have met your initial compliance requirements and you own the machine, usually after 13 months, that they don't really keep tabs on you all that much.

But they are more than happy to keep selling you supplies. Rolleyes
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good to know and kind of what I was hoping for.  Cool

I have no out-of-pocket expense for supplies. Medicare and our BC/BS picks up the costs 100%.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW when I was using Apria, they asked about usage when ordering supplies.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been with Lincare for the last four years. They call me monthly to let me know what I'm eligible for. I rarely order anything and they never ask about usage.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know Melman. I'm with Lincare now.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My supplier is ROTECH. They've never asked me about usage. They do though, ask me if I need any specific item, other than what they are sending me. They're also good if I ask to swap one item for another.

I have to say, they've done a very good job so far, and no hassles at all. They have an online chat room for supply or billing questions. When I log on, they are with me within a minute or two, at most. 

That's been my DME experience.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
A question:  
I had some big issues with my supplier during my initial 90-day trial period that ended a few weeks ago.  It all eventually worked out, but took a call to a supervisor to clarify what I was entitled to, since I got conflicting information depending on which employee answered my call.  There is no local physical office/store/whatever near my town, plus of course this was during hard-core Covid months, so it was all by phone, all initiated by me.  The original mask they sent me wasn't even the one the doctor put on my Rx, was uncomfortable, and I wasn't able to try anything on to make a choice, much less be "fitted". 

My question is, if I want to change suppliers for resupply (paid by Medicare and my supplemental insurance), how do I do that?  Can I just call a DME supplier of my choice?  Do I need to notify my doctor?  Do I need to stay with the current one until my 13 months are up and I "own" my machine?  My main concern now is I want to be sure to get the replacement parts based on the Medicare schedule so I have back-ups.  Thanks for any advice!!
Post Reply Post Reply
plakky,
You can change DME's, but Medicare is a bit tricky to work with.  

You are fairly early in the game. If it's only been 90 days, check with your insurance on the proper procedure so there are no surprises. You may have to return the machine and start over with a different DME.

A new DME may also require your Doctor to send over a copy of your sleep study and script to get supplies. Also, you should request a copy of these for your own records.

I had to change my DME when they went out of business, but I already owned the machine I was using and was due for another, so for me, it worked out.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with Lincare now, and they call every 60 days to let me know they are sending supplies and to see if I need anything else. They only ask me if I'm still using my machine.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 148 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,575 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 522 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.