Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP supplies
RE: CPAP supplies
(04-28-2021, 09:51 PM)Big Guy Wrote: My supplier is ROTECH. They've never asked me about usage. They do though, ask me if I need any specific item, other than what they are sending me. They're also good if I ask to swap one item for another.

I have to say, they've done a very good job so far, and no hassles at all. They have an online chat room for supply or billing questions. When I log on, they are with me within a minute or two, at most. 

That's been my DME experience.  like

I'm with this supplier/DME as well.  I requested some extra filters, and they sent me masks instead - twice!!   Oh-jeez

I, of course, complained, and they didn't charge me for the masks or the filters (when they finally got the order straightened out)! Grin

Their prices are higher after insurance coverage than the suppliers listed here on the Board, but I'm stuck with them for another 11 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose-
Thanks you for your answer, especially in regard to the possibilty of having to return the CPAP machine, etc., if I change DME's.  I sure don't want to get involved in anything like that.  I called the supplier's resupply department this morning to get the scheduled replacements Medicare pays for, got the usual unhelpful answers, and just kept asking questions and saying, "so what you're telling me is..." which caused some stuttering and shifting of answers.  Kind of entertaining, actually, to stay friendly and pleasant but pin them down, especially since I always ask the person's name at the beginning.  Such a strange world, this whole CPAP universe...
Post Reply Post Reply
I use two different machines depending on whether I'm at our summer cottage or home, so my data is split. It doesn't seem to be a problem for compliance.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 146 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,573 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 522 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.