Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP to APAP advice
CPAP to APAP advice
Hi All

I have been using CPAP for about 10 years and my pressure ATM is 11 cm. I am looking at getting a new machine. My current device is Devivilbliss Sleepcube CPAP. I would like to get a new APAP device, so I can analyse my sleep data without the need for overnight sleepstudies. What software do most people use?. Is the Devilbliss APAP sleepcube compatible with that software?.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP to APAP advice
I would suggest trying to get the ResMed APAP. It tends to be the best machine to get consistently good results among APAPs. Then make sure to have a 2-32 GB SD card in the machine to transfer data to a PC into a free program called OSCAR. OSCAR may be downloaded from the link at the top banner or by clicking on the blue link.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rich Aus,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

It looks like there is some support for the Sleepcube.  Download OSCAR and post some data.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines

If you are in the market for a new machine, consider the AirSense 10 AutoSet.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2020, 06:30 AM)Rich Aus Wrote: I would like to get a new APAP device, so I can analyse my sleep data without the need for overnight sleepstudies.

While a APAP would be better, you can analyse the sleep data you're getting from your current machine. Download the free OSCAR software and take a look at the data being generated by your current CPAP machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your replies
Post Reply Post Reply
My previous machine was a DV54 apap. The ResMed data is more detailed than the DV data and ResMed has a important chart that is missing on the DV machines, the Flow Rate chart which let's you see your breath waveforms.
IMHO ResMed hands down be[er
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheers!
I have come across 2 models that thought i might ask for opinions on?

1. BMC G3 A20 Auto ~$1100
2. SmartMed ibreeze Auto `$1200

They are both a 300-500 bucks less than the S10. Is it worth going the cheaper options or just go for the resmed. Bearing in mind I want to be able to download my data into oscar or sleepyhead etc. These are in Aussie dollars 

Thanks for all your help

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, go for the Resmed Autoset its the best machine in its class, if you can get an Autoset for her for the same price then go for that as it will give you the for her algorithm as well which you might not need. I would not recommend going for the two products you listed as I am not sure OSCAR coverage exists for those machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great - Will Do - Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
We have many of your fellow upside-downers here that will be more than happy to provide info on getting a machine down under there. whether it is buying local or shipping from overseas, and the pros and cons of each. Just ask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 279 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 367 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 571 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.