Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] trigger setting for ResMed aircurve 10 vauto
trigger setting for ResMed aircurve 10 vauto
I have a ResMed Aircurve 10 vauto and I am trying to find out if I can get it to trigger inhale  as soon as it senses the flow for my exhale stopping.  I have a tendency to hold my breath for a few seconds before starting to inhale.  The machine currently does not trigger inhale pressure  until it senses me initiating the inhale.  As a result i occasionally wake up gasping for breath and need to break mask seal in order to get enough air.   My previous machine (don't remember make or model) triggered when I stopped exhale and I never had the problem.  BTW I have spoken to my doctor about setting the trigger as described above but have not been successful in resolving my issue.  Thanks in advance for any help you might give.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: trigger setting for ResMed aircurve 10 vauto
I don't think it's a trigger problem, no basic bpap will initiate a breath, only the timed or auto backup rate ones will
I think there are other issues with waking up panting. Given you had a backup machine before, I would think it may still be needed.

download sleepyhead at the top of the page and get your clinical manual.

Then post a sleepyhead chart. follow the instructions and upload to h ttp://imgur.com and include the space in the url till you get 4 posts and can then post links.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dwbenziger,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good reply by ajack. Trigger sensitivity can be set in Philips machines, but not in Resmed, and both require you to initiate a spontaneous breath, otherwise it is a central apnea and a problem that is better treated with ASV. My Aircurve 10 Vauto initiates IPAP following spontaneous inspiration, and the pressure support is proportional to my respiratory effort. A Philips machine I own seems to apply IPAP in a more assertive manner, which can give the impression it is leading respiration, while the Resmed is following. Using software will show if you are having centrals leading to apnea events that might be better treated with a backup rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The aircurve 10 does have trigger sensitivity adjustment in the Vauto, S and ST modes per Resmed's clinician manual.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks PaytonA, I stand corrected and you made me look. Mine is set to the default medium, but the range is from very low to very high. Lots of room there for the O.P. to experiment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 296 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 149 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 204 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.