Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Losing weight with a hypnotist (or NLP)
Losing weight with a hypnotist (or NLP)
I am using the CPAP and I am a chronic pleasure/comfort eater so CPAP usage only moderately curbs my appetite or weight issues. I am thinking of using hypnosis or NLP to link eating with necessity rather than pleasure. I am not sure how to go about this. I have bought an APP for my iPhone that uses self-hypnosis but I think of getting a real person as a therapist. Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Losing weight with a hypnotist (or NLP)
I remember (years ago) some program that used hypnosis to associate favorite forbidden foods with something unpleasant - like associating chocolate with eating bugs.

I think that method would be pretty effective. Two of us got a food-borne illness after eating cheesecake at a restaurant; I've never ordered (or wanted) cheesecake since.

Eating for necessity might be a harder concept to work with though.

Did you see the discussion on building productive habits in the "2018 Resolution" thread? I found the article linked in post #16 to be particularly helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 153 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 274 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Sleep aids or weight gain AlexS3 22 1,314 11-28-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: AlexS3
  Weight Loss and Side Sleeping Therapy - AHI < 0.5 AquaMan 3 695 09-17-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Major weight loss, still need CPAP? bperella 3 557 09-01-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Weight loss Nsmon1313 3 597 06-15-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Lower auto pressure while loosing weight? tottbjorn 3 616 06-05-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.