Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pain relief for Pilairo
Pain relief for Pilairo
I have been using the Pilairo mask for several months now. Every two or three weeks I have to stop using it and go back to my Mirage Vista for a few days to let my nose heal. For some reason the Pilairo creates sores just the inside the outer edge of my nostrils, about 10-11 o'clock and 1-2 o'clock respectively. I am not alone; there are a few other similar reports on the net.

The other day I was talking with the respiratory therapist at my DME and he mentioned that he had started using the Pilairo himself. In an earlier conversation I had mentioned the nose lesions caused by the Pilairo, and the conversation the other day he confirmed that he experiences the same effect.

Thinking about this for a while I decided to try Lansinoh cream, recommended by others here for similar problems with other masks. I am happy to report that I have been using it now for three weeks and have had no further nose lesions from the Pilairo.

All it takes is a tiny little dab smeared inside each nostril before going to bed. It is odorless and I can't even tell it is there. But apparently it is enough to stop whatever friction was causing the lesions.

Now if I could just find a reliable way to keep it from starting to whistle in the middle of the night, I will have the perfect mask for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pain relief for Pilairo
Hi JJJ,
When I use a nasal pillows mask, I have to use the Lansinoh HPA lanolin cream, it works wonders.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 8 889 Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 155 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 592 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 325 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 384 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,435 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 441 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.