Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wake up with heart pounding
Wake up with heart pounding
Hi, I was initially using the CPAP successfully but lately i wake up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding and have trouble going back to sleep. Possible my pressure setting need to be adjusted.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wake up with heart pounding
You need to fill in your profile data before we can even begin to help you.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...trol-Panel

Once we know that, then we can advise on how to read the data (if data capable machine) etc etc.

How long have you been using a CPAP?
Do you have any other conditions that could be contributing to it?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ra20124,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Paula said.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 05:48 PM)ra20124 Wrote: Hi, I was initially using the CPAP successfully but lately i wake up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding and have trouble going back to sleep. Possible my pressure setting need to be adjusted.

Hi ra20124, welcome to the forum!

Waking up occasionally either gasping for air and/or with my heart pounding (and sometimes being in actual Atrial Fribrillation) is what drove me years ago to see doctors, leading to my original diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

It is well-established that OSA is usually positional, and sleeping on one's back is usually the worst, requiring higher CPAP pressure than when sleeping in other positions.

Lots of people wear a teeshirt with one or two pockets sewn on the back (to put tennis balls in) to prevent them from sleeping in the supine position. I found that I need the tennis balls to be aligned vertically along my spine and placed high, no lower than between my shoulder blades, so the tennis balls will not bother me when sleeping on my side.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 51 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: xaid
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 163 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 493 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 315 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 273 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Low AHI - Why do I wake up? jkjsdflljkasdf9 3 406 02-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 475 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.