Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP unit always plugged in or turn it off?
CPAP unit always plugged in or turn it off?
I was wondering if I should leave my CPAP unit plugged in 24/7 or should I unplug it each morning. Don't like the idea of hte little transformer running all the time. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP unit always plugged in or turn it off?
(08-13-2012, 07:22 AM)jfmusil Wrote: I was wondering if I should leave my CPAP unit plugged in 24/7 or should I unplug it each morning. Don't like the idea of hte little transformer running all the time. Thanks.

Thats your choice. Mine is on all the time unless Im cleaning up and I need to move my machine. So the choice is yours, your machine should have a battery back-up inside so you wont lose any data if you decide to unplug Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Always on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave mine plugged in. The transformer is not going to do anything if there is no current draw.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Been using a CPAP for over 7 years and have never turned mine off xcpt to travel with. My thoughts are that if its like most items, it takes an extra jolt (maybe very small) to give it a start. Even that probably doesn't hurt it, but I just leave it on. Theres nothing moving in it so it stays on.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Am too lazy to even consider turning it off...
Post Reply Post Reply
Leave it on.

Mine gets accidentally unplugged quite often. Not from the wall but the cord from the stupid brick.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jfmusil, I always leave mine plugged in but I have it plugged into a powerstrip with serge-protection just for protecting the switching power supply, (brick.) It doesn't hurt them to be plugged in all the time.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband always leaves his plugged in...unless we are traveling.

Liz
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep mine plugged in, except when reassembling everything after cleaning it. The blower has an annoying habit of starting by itself at unwanted times since autostart is turned on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 695 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Adaptive servo-ventilation unit vs APAP Comfortcomposites 9 536 12-11-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 579 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,290 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,096 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.