Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP use in Italy and Greece
CPAP use in Italy and Greece
Can my ResMed AirSense 10 autoset CPAP machine be used in Italy and Greece.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP use in Italy and Greece
Italy has 230v 50hz; Greece has 220v 50 hz.
Most CPAPs including the A10 can accomodate 110 thru 240v at either 50hz or 60 hz without any changes on your part so your are OK as far as the machine goes.

The issue is the type of outlet. You do not state where your home location is. Assuming USA, you will need an adapter that allows you to plug in your standard CPAP power cord into the female side of the adapter and plug the adapter's male plug into the outlet for the place you are staying. Best to call the places you are staying and find out what plug they use and then buy the correct adapters. Or you can play it by chance and buy a universal adapter to offers many of the "standard" plugs used.

If you are cruising, most ships have both 110 (USA) and 220 volt outlets.

Also, if you use a humidifier, ask the hotel (ship) if they can provide you with distilled water.

If you plan on using the CPAP during the air flight, alert the airline before your travel that you will be using a CPAP and provide them with Resmed's statement that the CPAP is verified for flight (available on ResMed's website).
Post Reply Post Reply
Also - once in a while I found no outlets in the smaller - less modern - rooms (think Europe on $10 a day travelling style). But I was often able to find an outlet in the antiquated lamp fixture over the bath mirror (when the bath was ensuite). These outlets were designed for 110v electric razors ... and limited to 25w or so, but enough for a C machine.

On the otherhand, when traveling for business, all of the hotels had desk outlets; and a 10 foot extension cord is well worth its carry-on weight. Never pack the CPAP in checked luggage... it will get lost. Remember to take along the European plug kit -- have fun!

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, the plug kit is all you need. And an extension cord. A simple "lamp" style cord (16 gauge) is enough unless you go over 10' or so then you want to go a little thicker (14). Stick with 2 prong cord to ensure it works with your plug kit. You can get that kit at almost any travel store, luggage store, even Kmart and BestBuy.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2015, 10:53 AM)gene222 Wrote: Can my ResMed AirSense 10 autoset CPAP machine be used in Italy and Greece.
Yes, you only need plug adapter
Here is some friendly advice from ResMed http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/sup...pment.html

All work and no play, make Jack a dull boy
Have a safe trip and a lots of fun, don't forget to tell us all about it on your return
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  air leakshi, I write from Italy. I use a resmed airsense 10 cpap at pressure 13 and a papaste 3 662 02-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: burgess4321
  Repurposing APAPs for ventilation/In Italy patients are not getting ventilators sleepy1235 2 882 03-24-2020, 05:04 PM
Last Post: sleepy1235
  Newbie from Greece Costas P 73 12,101 06-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Costas P
  Is there anyone here from Italy? Gyddyup 4 2,232 12-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gyddyup

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.