Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP user for 5 years, switched to BIPAP
RE: CPAP user for 5 years, switched to BIPAP
How about a detail chart without the welcome screen? This makes me think higher PS or you need the ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, after several nights of trial on the BIPAP ST machine I have been feeling better than ever after waking up from a sound sleep. I don't wake up in the middle of the night many times like I used to. 

I have had a head cold that has lasted a couple weeks and I'm on the tail end of that. 

I now get CAs and OAs in the 0s and 1's. the total Hypopnea are still higher at 8-38. 

Hypopneas are just shallow breathing correct? Is this an issue? It seems as if the machine is working. I've noticed the higher Hypopneas have been on nights when I wake up really stuffy from the head cold. 

I tried attaching a screenshot from sleepyhead app I'm using the beta version suggested by Sleepyrider and can't figure out how to do a screen capture from the program so I did a PrtScn and the file was too large to attach.

Thanks again for your help.

C
Post Reply Post Reply
8-38 Hypopneas is considered uncontrolled. IMHO this would still be unacceptable by me and the medical community.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I said before, if you will post a useful chart, and perhaps a closeup of the H events, we can offer better advise. I still think higher PS is the key.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I figured it out...
Post Reply Post Reply
Much better. Now click on the triangle in the date line, and that will minimize the monthly calendar to let us see the respiratory stats and settings.

It appears, you are using very limited range of pressure, and a PS of only 1-cm. You appear to be triggering all breaths, so we due to Sleepyhead being incompletr for the AVAPS, the IPAP and EPAP channel is transposed in the summary, and we don't know what mode you are set on. Most events are hypopnea,and OA is less than one per hour. Results are good, but it looks like your settings are constraining machine response.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
How's this...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2018, 09:51 AM)cbombzzz Wrote: How's this...

Click on the Daily view, and post that. Read this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Another attempt...
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, we want this one. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6859]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,465 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 160 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 117 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 301 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Incorrectly on ASV for several years rickresmed 2 127 04-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 856 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.