Mask Type: Nasal prongs
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
visionaire V oxygenator machine
If my visionaire V oxygenator machine makes a loud clunking noise is that normal or is that a bushing issue the company that delivered it said it was fine but hard to sleep with all that noise going on. Wasn't sure if this was the right spot just joined this site
02-20-2014 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

RE: visionaire V oxygenator machine
Hi carryn, welcome aboard
Hope this thread provide some helps
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Oxygenator
02-20-2014 08:26 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi carryn,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know anything about those machines but hang in there for more suggestions.
Best of luck to you.

trish6hundred
02-20-2014 11:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(02-20-2014 08:15 PM)carryn Wrote:  If my visionaire V oxygenator machine makes a loud clunking noise is that normal or is that a bushing issue the company that delivered it said it was fine but hard to sleep with all that noise going on. Wasn't sure if this was the right spot just joined this site

What you have is an oxygen concentrator -- and they are noisy; some more than others. They have a small compressor and two tanks. The tanks contain a zeolite. Air is about 80% Nitrogen and 20% Oxygen with some traces of other gases. When compressed in a tank with a zeolite, the zeolite absorbs the nitrogen. One tank is releasing the oxygen for your use while the other tank is being compressed. The clunk is the switchover from tank to tank plus the release of the residual pressure in the tank.

I have a Respironics Everflo with OPI. And, it's fairly quiet.
Still it's close to me; and I start my sleep process with over the ear headphones listening to music.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-21-2014 10:54 PM
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(02-21-2014 10:54 PM)justMongo Wrote:  I have a Respironics Everflo with OPI. And, it's fairly quiet.
Still it's close to me; and I start my sleep process with over the ear headphones listening to music.

It is best if the O2 concentrator is in a nearby room with plenty of ventilation (open window).

The main problem with O2 concentrators is they are so loud users want to put them 100 feet away in a separate room which has plenty of ventilation to allow lots of fresh air for the O2 concentrator, and the excessively long O2 tubing creates too much back pressure.

For example, 50 ft might be an upper limit on how long the tubing should be if the O2 flow is high, like 5 Liter/minute. The manufacturer's user manual or customer service department should be able to tell you how long the tube can be.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 02:37 PM by vsheline.)
02-23-2014 04:49 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
pumpkln Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5 to 15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Oxygen 2 liters, night time

Sex: Female

I have the Respronics Everflow Q, it is in another room near an open window, using 50 ft tubing. Works for me, over nite pulse ox numbers stay in the low 90's over nite, without O2 I hover in the low 80's.
If it was in the same room, I would be up all night.
Your DME can supply you with 25 or 50 ft tubing.
02-23-2014 10:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,153 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 3,797 04-06-2014 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Ohmy [Equipment] Question about VisionAire V Oxygenator MAPnea 6 2,621 09-08-2013 10:04 PM
Last Post: vsheline