Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] water in tubing and mask in after use in the mornings
water in tubing and mask in after use in the mornings
Hi all just want to know have a resmed s 9 autoset sleep apnea machine and of a morning find im wake up to breathing water in the tube and mask . Is this normal. Have only been using it for 3 months . I found this site and thought it would be usefull to ask the question . Any one else have this problem
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: water in tubing and mask in after use in the mornings
(05-17-2014, 07:50 PM)apnea man Wrote: Hi all just want to know have a resmed s 9 autoset sleep apnea machine and of a morning find im wake up to breathing water in the tube and mask . Is this normal. Have only been using it for 3 months . I found this site and thought it would be usefull to ask the question . Any one else have this problem
Hi apnea man,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a tube wrap for the hose. You can either get one at any of the suppliers listed here at the top of each page of the board or you can make one out of old socks. Cut the toe out of some socks and sew them together, making a tube out of them. You might need to put a rubberband on each end of the hose to keep it in place.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The first thing you can do to reduce the condensation in the mask is to reduce the setting of the humidifier. One thing that helps too is making sure that the hose goes up immediately from its attachment to the machine (or humidifier). I put my machine down near the floor and pull most of the hose up under the covers with me. An insulative sleeve for the hose will also help as Trish said.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
also, if you put the machine at the lowest point, then the water can run back down the tube and back into the humidifier.

a tube sock is a good idea, though, keep the moisture from condensing on the hose in the first place.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2014, 07:50 PM)apnea man Wrote: Hi all just want to know have a resmed s 9 autoset sleep apnea machine and of a morning find im wake up to breathing water in the tube and mask . Is this normal. Have only been using it for 3 months . I found this site and thought it would be usefull to ask the question . Any one else have this problem
Water in the hose is called Rainout. ClimateLine is quick and easy solution to the problem. You can enjoy as much humidity as you want with worrying about Rainout. Small price to pay, your nose would thank you for it Coffee

[Image: img_climatelinetube.jpg]
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ntrol.html

From user manual http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf
In Auto mode, you have the ability to adjust air temperature (61-86°F (16-30°C)) depending on preference. Based on your selected air temperature, Climate Control automatically adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 80% relative humidity while protecting against rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 167 8 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,074 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 144 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 175 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,908 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,485 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 204 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.